How do I set up paypal standard checkout for Marketpress Ecommerce

Hi,

I have set up paypal gateway many times on other plugins but this plugin will only allow me set up paypal through API. My Paypal account does not give me the options you show in how to set up.

Can I not just set it up where I enter my paypal email address like so many other plugins?

• Charlie Pryor
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi John, and welcome to the forums!

Setting up the payment gateways for Marketpress might be intimidating, because there are so many of them, and it isn't just a simple box with a text field for an email address. That's because there's a lot more to it than just accepting simple payments, and a lot more function built-in that helps you get the most out of the plugin.

It's a tiny bit more setup, but the reward is worth it. If you haven't already, you should check out the in-depth tutorial series that's been created for MarketPress.

Specifically... the accepting payments video, about 2:25 into it. I don't go in depth in terms of HOW to get API credentials though, but there is a link to some instructions from PayPal there if you wanted to use that. You will need a PayPal business or Premier account to use the API now. Upgrading to a business account is a free and painless way of doing things though, if you have a legit business.

Alternatively, you could use any of the other Payment Gateway options.

Hope this answers some questions.

- Charlie

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.