How do I set up PayPal with Marketpress

Hello

I need to set up a paypal gateway in order to take payments. The site is a redesign for older site that used a different ecommerce system that accepted the normal paypal payments. I switched to marketpress for the new site but I see that it only allows for PayPal Express and PayPal Payflow Pro. Could someone please show me step by step how to set up PayPal express. I need to get this working asap.

Thank you

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi there @monkey1986,

We actually have a MarketPress video series that might really help. Here's a link to the video for the payment gateway settings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjA2vQNRCI4&list=PLV1BcivFAIduTUJfnzcGUf0B_9UMlNy0v&index=6

As for setting up PayPal express, here are the basic steps.

1. From the payments tab, enable the PayPal express gateway
    2. Create a PayPal API signature. This is done from your actual PayPal account. We include a link to instructions. This is now known as using the PayPal classic API. You can find instructions for this here: https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/api/apiCredentials/

3. Enter your API username and password into the PayPal express gateways settings in MarketPress.

That's about it! Let me know how it goes, and if you need any additional help here. Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

• IT Monkey
    • Flash Drive

Thanks Alexander

I managed to get the API credentials and entered them into the paypal express checkout settings with sandbox selected for testing. I then proceeded through the process of purchasing an item but when i get as far as the checkout page nothing comes up. Where I imagine the paypal checkout to come up is completely blank.
    Any ideas?

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

So are you getting a completely blank page? (like a white screen) Or are you on a particular page and it just appears that something is missing?

- Can you try enabling debug mode? To do this, open up wp-config.php and change the WP_DEBUG statement to true. It would look like this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);

Once that's done, try the process again and let me know if you get any errors.

- Also, can you check the javascript console for errors during the checkout process? In Chrome go to "View -> Developer -> Javascript Console" and in Firefox you can go to "Tools -> Web Developer -> Console"

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. I hope to help you resolve this quickly,
    Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.