How do I set up recurring events?

I created a “monthly” recurring event but it doesn’t show up on the calendar. After the “Repeat every” dropdown selection box there is “On” and a blank field. What exactly goes in that field? Is that why it doesn’t show up on the calendar? I created a recurring weekly event and it shows up on the calendar.

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hi Mccaphoto,

The blank field is where the number of the month would go, for example, every month on the 25th at 11:30AM you will host such and such event.

Once you set that, you can also click the “edit instances” link below it, to customize each months event, in-case you need it a day later or day earlier, or different time.

Hope that helps!

• mccawphoto
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thank you so much! That fixed it. Is there a users guide for Events+? I haven’t found anything besides the “Usage” page on the website.

Do you know if you can change how the dates are displayed for the “Upcoming Events” widget?

I don’t like how it says “Takes place on February 28, 2014 from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm” I would rather it just display the date “February 28, 2014 – 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm”

Thanks!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @mccawphoto,

Hope you’re well today and thanks for your question.

Looks like @tyepo has provided some great help here, points sent your way TyePo :slight_smile:

I’m afraid all we have currently is the events+ usage page, though any questions or issues, we’re always happy to help :slight_smile:

I don’t like how it says “Takes place on February 28, 2014 from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm” I would rather it just display the date “February 28, 2014 – 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm”

Currently that would need to be edited in the plugin files which would be overwritten on an update.

Though it would make perfect sense to have that as an option, added as a feature request :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey @mccawphoto,

Like @jack Kitterhing mentioned above, there is no way to edit the date format unless you edit the plugin files; however, I did find the file you would need to edit and took a screenshot of the edits that would give you want you want.

Keep in mind, like Jack said, each time the plugin gets updated you would have to go back in and edit the file again, until an update includes a solution anyway :slight_smile:

So, if you're feeling adventurous, like I was, then here is what you do.

The file you need is "class_eab_template.php" which is located in /wp-content/plugins/events-and-bookings/lib

Once you find it and download it, open it with a program like notepad++ or any other text editor and make the changes that I attached.

**IMPORTANT: Make a backup of the original file BEFORE you edit it. If you accidentally delete something you aren't suppose to then you can just re-upload the original and pretend it never happened.

Cheers,

PS. Thanks for the points Jack! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.