How do I set up subscription billing with an initial set up fee?

I need the ability to charge an initial fee and set up a monthly recurring charge for my products. I selected Stripe as my payment portal and they support this type of billing, but I can't figure out how to set it up with MarketPress.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Pauline

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

Unfortunately, the MarketPress plugin has no built-in functionality to handle recurring billing.

You may want to consider using a content subscription model instead. Our Membership plugin can help you there:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/

With Membership, you can set up your products on individual pages on your site, and grant access to those product pages only to members on subscription plans with the required access rules.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Pauline

Are there any plans to support recurring billing in the future?

Not that I'm aware of, no. The next major update will include a boatload of new features & enhancements to existing ones, but I don't think any recurring billing feature is on the roadmap.

But to be sure, I'll see if the lead developer of MarketPress can drop in here to share his inside knowledge. :slight_smile:

• Jonathan
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey @Pauline,

Sorry for the delay in my response. Was on vacation last week :slight_smile:.

In Pro Sites 3.5 you will be able to charge an setup fee/initial charge/etc in addition to the monthly subscription fee. I don't have any ETA other than we're working on the final touches and hope to have a beta out in the forums sooner than later. :slight_smile:

• Jonathan
    • The Bug Hunter

Please disregard my last post - thought your question was about our Pro Sites plugin!

Unfortunately, this isn't something that is possible with MarketPress, but like Patrick said maybe our Membership plugin would be more suitable for what you're trying to accomplish.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.