How do I setup a membership to include trial period?

I am opening up a membership site to registration on September 23rd, however, content (or the real launch date of the site) will not be added until October 7th. So between September 23rd and October 7th, I want the people who register to get credit for their full month starting October 7th. Is it possible to have them sign up for membership and give them 2 weeks free? And then on October 7th, just change it so they register for a regular monthly subscription?

• Patrick

Hi @Lisa

Welcome to the forums!

That can definitely be done, and all automatically too. :slight_smile:

But you can only offer a free trial for a specified number of days, weeks, etc. It cannot be set to start charging on a specific date though.

Using the PayPal Express gateway, add a first access level to your subscription and set it to Finite for 14 days. Then set the price for that level to $0.00. Add another level and set that to Serial for 1 month with whatever price you want to charge them monthly.

When users sign up, they will be directed to PayPal to enter their payment info, but will not be charged immediately. Once the trial period has ended, and asuming they have not cancelled during that time, they will automatically move to the next level in the subscription and will be charged the amount you set for that level.

The alternative would be to allow them to sign up initially for free, then they can re-subscribe to a paid plan when you're ready.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.