How do i setup Post/Page Quotas for Woocommerce Products?

Hey guys, i want to be able to setup Post/Page quotas for Woocommerce Products in PRO SITES.

However, i DO NOT want woocommerce to be activated on the Mainsite. Is there a way to do this manually by code?

Adding woocommerce significantly increases my page load and response times.

Cheers guys :slight_smile:

ps. when creating this, the list of plugins was broken so i had to select Advanced WordPress.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Casey,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Pro Sites does not integrate with Woocommerce for controlling the number of products that can be created by a user on a particular level. So if that needs to be done, it needs to be custom coded into the Pro Sites plugin. It will require some major code modification

I’d recommend posting a job here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-custom-development/ and get someone to do that for you.

I will also confirm it from my colleague @jack Kitterhing to see if it has already been discussed before and he knows a way out.

ps. when creating this, the list of plugins was broken so i had to select Advanced WordPress.

This is being worked upon by our lead developer.

Cheers, PC

• Casey
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks PC. That’s not totally correct though. When woocommerce is activated on the mainsite Pro Sites automatically shows new fields and i can edit them no problem and they work. Products + Orders etc.

This is great, but the problem is that i have to have the woocommerce plugin active on the main site for it show up in the pro sites settings.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Casey,

Oops, I analyzed it incorrectly and forgot that its also a custom post type :slight_frown: My Bad !

This is great, but the problem is that i have to have the woocommerce plugin active on the main site for it show up in the pro sites settings.

I think http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/3426/how-to-disable-a-network-enabled-plugin-for-just-one-site might help you. Can you kindly have a look ?

Cheers, PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there Casey,

I doubt that it might remove the Custom Field.

If you activate Woo Commerce on the main site and just not use it (delete the pages created or redirect them to a different page ?) would that work for you ?

I will get a quick advice from my colleague @patrick Cohen to see if there is any other work around on this.

Cheers, PC

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey there @casey & @pc

I hope you are well today!

I just did some quick testing and may have good news for ya!

I installed WooCommerce on a test network and activated it on the main site so the product post-type would be available to configure in Pro Sites post/page quotas.

After setting the Product quota to only “1” and saving the settings, I then deactivated WooCommerce on the main site. As expected, the product post-type then disappears from the Pro Sites post/page quotas settings.

However, once activated on a sub-site, I was still only able to publish a single WooCommerce product. When attempting to create an additional product, I could only set the product to pending or draft.

So, even though the product quota disappears from Pro Sites once Woo is deactivated on the main site, the quota previously set is saved and applied when Woo is active on sub-sites.

:slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.