How do I setup Signup Code Plugin to run on the first site only on a multisite install?

The “Signup” code plugin will only allow me to network activate which works across all sites.

My Multisite install has Marketpress and Buddypress installed, when users go to register on a separate website it requires the signup code.

Is there anyway I can make it only available on the first site?

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

I do not believe that the Signup Code plugin natively supports that, you would have to do some custom coding. Of curiosity, what would be the point of allowing users to circumvent the signup code simply by registering through a subsite instead of through the main site?

• Micropage
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I want to restrict the users signing up on the main site.

The issue is that the same signup code appears on individual subsites, if a customer wishes to purchase an item on that subsite they have to register to that subsite and it becomes confusing if they don’t know what the signup code is. The other issues is the signup plugin doesn’t allow the admin of the subsite the ability to add/remove the signup code on registration.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there @Micropage

As @zyniker kindly suggested above, the plugin is not designed for that.

Limit who can sign up for a site or user account at your network by requiring a special code that you can easily configure yourself

The suggestion above of using Membership plugin would be a better option as it allows you to use a signup code which is removed on signup. You will need to configure the Membership plugin on site by site basis.

Is that something that would suit you ?

Cheers

PC

Sales &Support

• Micropage
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I’ve got pro-sites installed on my multisite with some custom code already.

I have the membership plugin already running on the second subsite.

I’ve just can’t get my head around how I can get this plugin to work on the main site only. I like the idea of the signup code on the main site for my registering members.

• Zyniker
    • WordPress Warrior

The easiest way for you to accomplish this is probably to use Gravity Forms instead of the standard WordPress user registration form. You would simply need to create a field that requires a verification/signup code, and, if incorrect, causes the form not to process the registration/to throw an error.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.