How do I setup snapshot so that it backs up to my dropbox?

How do I setup snapshot so that it backs up to my dropbox?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @amalialiogas

Welcome to the forums!

In your WordPress admin area, go to "Snapshot" > "Destinations" and click the "Add New" button next to Dropbox.

Enter a destination name and click "Save Destination". You will be redirected to Dropbox to sign into your account and continue the setup.

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings amalialiogas,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings elpino,

Thank you for the input and this is going to be a tough one since Paul is going to have to figure out how to defeat the servers timing out the script uploading the file which will vary from server to server but most commonly set at 30 seconds.

In other words he will find out this is indeed a hosting time out issue and if the PHP max_execution_time cannot be overcome then there may be no solution.

Lets hope this can be overcome.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings elpino,

Thank you for letting us know and sharing that with the community.

I admit I have no idea and do not use dropbox in any event but still find your input to be interesting and helpful if it indeed works out this way.

Thank you for that!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.