How do i setup so user can sell there items on my site

I need to know the best way to setup my site so that user can register and post items for sale. Thanks any help would be appreciated.

• hotdinosaur
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Dustin,
    To accomplish what you're asking you'll need a few things:
    An up-to-date WordPress installation with WP Network enabled, the MarketPress plugin and a theme that works with it (I'm using the GridMarket Child theme included in FrameMarket on my site)
    This is a cursory overview, but there are a lot of steps and I'm not sure where you are in the process but I wanted to give you some resources to get started with. Hope it helps!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dustin,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Hotdinosaur is spot on with his advice and using the Market Press plugin you will want to use the PayPal chained payments if you are wanting to take a percentage of the sale for your service or some of the other payment gateways to allow your sellers to collect their sales if you choose to charge a monthly fee for your service instead of a percentage of the sale.

The options are yours so now is the time to get started building your site.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Dustin,

Any chance that you have Market Press network activated?

This is what you want and in the network admin dashboard configure what gateways are to be made available to the sub site owners.

Then in the sub sites (you could read this as sub stores) they create they will have the option to collect payments and enter there own information for the gateways you have chosen to allow in the network admin dashboard Market Press settings.

With the exception of Chained payments.

The rules of payment gateways should be, if you want just a commission of there sales for your services then ONLY chained payments are allowed and you need to go through the process of PayPal API approval etc.

If you are choosing a monthly fee for your service then the only payment gateway for sure you do not want to enable would be chained payments and it is your option what other gateways to allow.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.