How do I sort fundraising projects that are published to affect their order of appearance?

Here's the scenario. Let's say I have set up 15 different fundraising projects on my website. I entered each one over the course of several weeks. Now that I have all 15 published, the list on the sidebar is in order of last entered - first. The first one I entered is last on the list.
What I am trying to figure out is if there is anyway to reorder how the projects appear in the published listing on my website.
I may want to congregate certain projects together and/or have some show first on the list because they are more important and I want to maximize visibility.
I certainly do not want to have to delete a bunch of projects and start over just so I can force the list to show whatever I publish last as first up. I notice that on the shortlink for a project it has an id number that would be useful for sorting if there was only a command to utilize it.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Thomas

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

By default, Fundraisers are sorted by the published date.

So, while you could, in theory, edit the core files or create a custom function to modify that, the easiest way is to edit the published date of your fundraisers to reflect the order you want them to appear on your site.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Thomas
      • New Recruit

Thanks for the tip Patrick. I tried it on one project to change the date to a newer date and then back to the original date - saw it move up and back down the list each time I republished. I wouldn't have found that - I mean the published date is there, but I didn't realize its direct effect on the list appearance. Works for me.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.