How do i switch languages for CoursePress Pro. I translated

How do i switch languages for CoursePress Pro. I translated the po file in the plugin theme but its not picking it up?

• Tomas

To make things easy. I want to translate the CourserPro. The following language files i found:
      /course/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/language
      /course/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/themes/coursepress/languages
      /course/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/themes/coursepress_old/languages
      /course/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/languages

Out of this 4 PO/POT files do i need to translate them all? If not which ones chould i translated?

After translating i should add this to:wp-content/languages/plugins Correct?
      If so then how will i do that as 3 of them are the same name and will just overwrite eachother. Means i need to rename them. So should they go into another folder?

Please advice

• Tomas

To make things easy. I want to translate the CourserPro. The following language files i found:
    /course/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/language
    /course/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/themes/coursepress/languages
    /course/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/themes/coursepress_old/languages
    /course/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/languages

Out of this 4 PO/POT files do i need to translate them all? If not which ones chould i translated?

After translating i should add this to:wp-content/languages/plugins Correct?
    If so then how will i do that as 3 of them are the same name and will just overwrite eachother. Means i need to rename them. So should they go into another folder?

Please advice

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Tomas, my apologies for the extreme delay here!

To translate CoursePress Pro itself (I'm referring to the plugin here), you would need to translate this file:

/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/languages/cp-default.pot

If you're planning on using the CoursePress theme on your site, the .pot file provided inside the theme would only need to be used if the translation for CoursePress Pro isn't working there for some reason, otherwise it wouldn't be needed.

And if you're planning on selling these courses with MarketPress (it sounds like you are here), then you would need to edit this file:

/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/languages/marketpress.pot

Now, as it sounds like you're wanting to using CoursePress Pro & MarketPress together, you would want to edit the two files I mentioned here, and then place the .po & .mo files for each inside of:

/wp-content/languages/plugins

You'll also want to make sure that the files have the correct language & country code when naming them. For example, if you were making a Brazilian Portuguese translation for CoursePress Pro, you'd want to name the .po & .mo files like this:

cp-pt_BR.po
    cp-pt_BR.mo

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.