How do I synchronize Membership and Buddypress?

Hi
I am implementing Membership 2 and Buddypress to provide the core membership/profile system for my site.
How do I synchronize them? For example:
- How can I have the 'Account' page, for My Account, be part of the BP profile page?
- How can I synch member profile fields, like when they are registering?
thanks, Neil.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Neil,

- How can I have the 'Account' page, for My Account, be part of the BP profile page?

At this moment this is not possible without tweaking some code. Data of members on accounts page is displayed with the shortcode:

[ms-membership-account]

so you would need to modify Profile Page in BuddyPress so it would have this shortcode - here is instruction on how to change profile pages in BP http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19977181/buddypress-templates-how-to-customize-user-page

- How can I synch member profile fields, like when they are registering?

You have to enable BuddyPress integration add-on in the Membership and then add-on Profile Fields. Then you will be able to use BuddyPress extended profiles fields directly into Membership registration forms - you create new fields and then in Membership 2 Settings in Profile Fields you choose what new fields should show up.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Neil
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Perfect, thanks Kasia.

Another related question:

Can I regulate the Access Controls of various plug-ins through Membership? For example I have a module for Press Releases installed, and I'd like to enable a Guest-based submission, that then feeds into a content workflow.

Any ideas on this..?

Thanks, Neil.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Neil,

Can I regulate the Access Controls of various plug-ins through Membership? For example I have a module for Press Releases installed, and I'd like to enable a Guest-based submission, that then feeds into a content workflow.

There is "Admin Side Protection" add-on for protecting admin pages in WordPress Dashboard in Membership 2. I'm not familiar with this plugin, so I'm not sure where is access for it. If it's on the front end then you can also protect it with the add-on URL Protection.

Also one more: I am using the Membership log-in widget, how can I re-direct to the Buddypress profile page, not Account?

Could you check this code

function bp_profile_redirect_wpmu() {
    	return bp_loggedin_user_domain();
    }

add_filter('login_redirect', 'bp_profile_redirect_wpmu', 9999);

you can use it in your child theme functions.php file.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.