How do I synchronize subscribers from wordpress users into e-Newsletter members?

I cannot seem to locate the ability to easily add members who are already WordPress users.

I have folks that are subscribing via S2 Member and even though e-Newsletter is set to auto-subscribe them as members, it isn’t happening. So I have a bunch of users that I need to mark as members – trying to find out if there is a better way to add them in rather than by manually entering their name & E-mail information.

Thanks!

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @johnol

I’m not familiar with s2member, if s2member uses it’s own registration system, it could be why.

You could possibly export the wp_users table to csv via phpmyadmin. Then import them into newsletter using the newsletter importer function.

However let me just ask the developer for you.

Thanks

• johnol
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

If I may suggest – it would be cool if you could just pull up the User list and then add members and even specify groups via an individual or bulk action. Would just really streamline things and avoid importing data that is really already in the system…

Thank you for checking in with the developer. Please let me know if there are any other thoughts or suggestions.

• Max
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi, @johnol,

Did you check that “eNewsletter->Settings->WordPress User registeration” dropdown menu has “subscribed” selected?

That may just be for new registrations, though.

When I installed eNewsletter, all of my currently registered users automatically showed up in “eNewsletter->Members.” I hope that you find a solution.

• Max
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Sorry, probably when you wrote that “even though e-Newsletter is set to auto-subscribe them as members, it isn’t happening” you meant that you had the WordPress User registration set to “subscribe.”

I should have better reading comprehension:disappointed:

• johnol

Yeah – when I initially installed it seemed to grab users but nothing since then. I did verify that “subscribed” was selected.

I’m assuming S2 Member is controlling the sign-up process in a way that e-Newsletter doesn’t recognize. For situations like this, it’s why it would be great to have a way to identify what users should be included as members without having to manually enter them.

• johnol

Thank you. Unfortunately, the membership plugin is very limited. It doesn’t support ClickBank. It doesn’t offer deep integration with PayPal Pro. It doesn’t offer layered programming hooks for custom display of information. The list goes on. Membership is great for a basic membership site but our needs were much bigger.

I appreciate your openness. The reason I suggested the ability to select users as members on a case by case basis is because I don’t necessarily need *all* users to be members but I do need a way to add members beyond manually typing them.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.