How do I test my Affiliate link with sandbox paypal on Marketpress

I have installed marketpress, and now I added affiliates plugin. The thing is I don't want to create a LIVE accoutn right away, I need to test my affiliate links first.

It fails to complete the checkout. So I can't really track anything.

Thank you

• Kader
    • Flash Drive

Hi Alexander,

First thank you for the fast response !
    So I'll lay out all the steps in this response to be as thorough as possible.

First I Setup a 0.01$ test product
    I then created a affiliate user with a specific link :http://mydomain.com/?product=test&ref=dev-04

I need to be logged in as admin to be able to test the cart because the live site is still running.

So once i logged in and use this link I get to my cart where I can buy now, and then I click checkout, go through shipping information which brings me to paypal, where I enter my Credit Card info..Brings me back to the website to confirm my purchase.

Once I click confirm payement it tells me : Whoops, looks like you skipped a step! Please go back and try again.

If I do click on the link to go back I get back to the checkout step (after shipping) but the cart is empty.

Hope I was descreptive enough.

Thanks

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Kader,

I'm sorry about the delay here. I think this might have to do with the URL. Can you try going to "Settings -> Permalinks" and setting it to "Postname" Let me know if this makes a difference, or if you're still having the strange redirect issue.

Best regards,

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Kader,

Would it be ok if I logged in to take a look here? I could create a test user and enable it as an affiliate to test some things. I could check the redirect issue as well.

If this is ok, just send login info through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Alexander Rohmann"
    - Include a link back to this thread
    - Include any relevant login information

Thanks!

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @Kader,

Yes, I was able to get your email. I've tried several things here, and I'm not sure what we can do to fix this.

I did discover that the problem at hand is MarketPress, and not Affiliates. I think it's not redirecting to the confirmation page properly after the PayPal payment get's processed

I'll need to check with the developer to see what we can try next here.

@Aaron, the error I'm looking at here is: "Whoops, looks like you skipped a step!" and it's preventing a checkout from finalizing. Any ideas?

Best regards,

• Aaron
    • CTO

Does it show the order as created in the admin? For a cart to be emptied the order had to complete.

If the cart is intact and you just lost your place in the checkout process (and shipping info not saved) then that points to an issue with your php sessions configuration.

• Kader
    • Flash Drive

Hi @Aaron,

Yes, the cart is intact.
    I googled and I found another thread regarding this issue where a user had posted a possible solution by changing the session.save_path variable in php.ini. I did this but the problem is still there. What would you suggest to change in my sessions configuration? I can send you a link to my phpinfo() page if you want.

Thanks!

• Kader
    • Flash Drive

Hi @Aaron,

Do you think we can speed things up if I can contact you by phone, this forum back and forth is taking way too much time and I have a deadline coming up.

I would appreciate if I can talk to someone and I couldn't find your phone support.

Regards

• Kader
    • Flash Drive

Hi @Aaron,

I would appreciate if you get back to me with some answers asap.

In the meantime I noticed that Marketpress tracks the orders even though they are not completed, but doesn't record any values (Items, Tax etc.). Take a look at the screenshot.

Thanks.

• Aaron
    • CTO

That's a really weird situation. Seems like a php sessions issue to me. Can you link your phpinfo file, or paste the sessions section.

Also please check your error log for any php errors generated on checkouts.

We don't provide phone support but you can join one of our multiple daily scheduled live chats.

• Kader
    • Flash Drive

I'm attaching a screenshot of the session settings.

The error log contains only one repetitive PHP warning:
    [16-Oct-2013 14:38:06] PHP Warning: Module 'imagick' already loaded in Unknown on line 0

Also, here's the current .htaccess:

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress
    AuthName "Restricted Area"
    AuthUserFile "/home/daniel12/.htpasswds/public_html/food-intolerance/passwd"

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php52 .php5 .php4 .php .php3 .php2 .phtml
    AddType application/x-httpd-php52 .php5 .php4 .php .php3 .php2 .phtml

# Fix Old URLs
    #RedirectMatch 301 ^(.*?)/(en|fr)/?$ http://$2.food-intolerance.ca$1

# Redirect Root to FR
    #RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^food\-intolerance\.ca$ [OR]
    #RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.food\-intolerance\.ca$
    #RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/fr\.food\-intolerance\.ca\/" [R=301,L]

# Redirect Cart Products Links
    #RedirectMatch 301 /store/products/([^/]*?)/ /get-tested/$1/
    #Redirect 301 /boutique/panier/288 /faite-le-test/tdah/
    #?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Redirect 301 /boutique/panier/260 /faite-le-test/imupro-300/

#<IfModule mod_suphp.c>
    # suPHP_ConfigPath /home/daniel12/public_html
    #</IfModule>

• Kader
    • Flash Drive

Is there anything else I can do on my part guys ?

I gave you access to my site
    I gave you all the information you asked
    I'm using product that are supposed to synergised together for e-marketing and affiliates

It's been 2 weeks now. I do expect a level of service for what I pay (close to 40$ a MONTH between my 2 accounts). I just need to feel that you're ON IT. If you understand my meaning.

Thank you for helping me fix the issue as soon as possible.

Regards

• Aaron
    • CTO

Ok, playing around with your site it appears the orders are creating just fine. The problem is your theme or a plugin is triggering a php error. The response code is 500, and it just loads the previous step html then.

So 2 issues, first is the error and second is the server returning the previous html for some reason instead of a white screen. Please check you error log again, there has to be something more detailed.

• Kader
    • Flash Drive

Hi @Aaron,

This is the programmer.

Currently there's only one repetitive PHP warning in the error log, which was already posted above:
    [18-Oct-2013 03:39:23] PHP Warning: Module 'imagick' already loaded in Unknown on line 0".

The WPML Marketpress plugin generated another error previously

[16-Sep-2013 10:31:48] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/daniel12/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-marketpress/wpml-marketpress.php on line 335
    [16-Sep-2013 10:31:48] PHP Fatal error:  Unsupported operand types in /home/daniel12/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-marketpress/wpml-marketpress.php on line 345

which I fixed by adding the following lines before the loop

if (!is_array($rules))
    		$rules = array();

I did not have the time to dig deeper, but there still must be some problem with this plugin, because the $rules array does not initialize properly for some reason. I'd appreciate if you assist in contacting the WPML guys.

Cheers,
    Ivo

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.