How do i test pay pal express in Membership?

1) How do I test Pay Pal Express to ensure all is working correctly and capturing information within member plug in and mail chimp?

2) Content Protection? I have added the code in the text section before and after the areas I would like protected yet it is visible. A) Is there a way to protect an entire page?

• aristath

Hello there @Jayne, I hope you're well today!

1) How do I test Pay Pal Express to ensure all is working correctly and capturing information within member plug in and mail chimp?

You can to use PayPal in Sandbox mode for your tests.

have added the code in the text section before and after the areas I would like protected yet it is visible

Are you testing this by logging in as a different user?
    Membership admins have omplete access and see the unrestricted content.
    My advise would be to simply use a different browser for testing these, where you'll be logged-in as a different user.

Is there a way to protect an entire page?

You can simply add a negative rule for that page in your access rules.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Jayne

ok - I am in a different browser testing as a non-member
    if I am in sandbox mode - no payment is actually made but will it "show" me that the information is being captured in all the necessary places? That's what I am after - or is it best to actually make a purchase?

If possible can you provide me the specific testing process in sandbox mode- Log in as xxxx- as the videos and documentation do not offer that detail.

And when you are testing as a live user - how long does it take to capture all the information do you believe? I understand there are other services involved again - like to do this quickly as possible. Thanks for your quick response!

I

• babbsela

If you are in Sandbox mode, a purchase will show in the membership, however no actual payment will be made. Have you read the PayPal Sandbox user guide? It may clear up the process for you. https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/GB/en_GB/files/developer/PP_Sandbox_UserGuide.pdf

You need to sign up for a Developer account with PayPal to use the Sandbox. When you do, you'll create one or more test accounts. When checking out in Sandbox mode, you use one of your test accounts to make the "payment."

When testing as a live (or test) user, the information is captured as soon as the purchase is complete and the payment confirmation is sent via API by PayPal.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.