How do I transfer member USER ROLE from main domain to subdomain?

Hi there,

please could you let me know how do I transfer member USER ROLE from main domain to all subdomains?

Thanks
Prinz

• Tyler Postle

Hey Prinz!

I see you have the user role editor plugin installed. You could be able to use that to apply new roles to all sites. I've attached a screenshot to illustrate.

Another plugin you might find useful after you apply the roles to all sites in this one here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-user-management/

Allows you to better control the user roles across your network.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Prinz,

I just realized that you might be referring to when a member signs up for a membership as is applied the user role at that point? You want it to apply that user role to them on all sites, even though the member only has the membership on the main site? That currently isn't possible with Protected Content; however, we are working on an update to add more multisite specific Protected Content features :slight_smile: That is something we will look into, if the dev hasn't already.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Klaus

Thanks Tyler, once again... with your reply you are helping me out.

Regards your message: YES this is the solution we are looking for. So it's sounds promising, that this opportunity will come anytime (and if it could be soon... wow that would be really awesome!) So cross fingers that the developer team will get into it asap.

To stay organized I am closing this request as solve, even if I do need another advise. Hope that is okay.
    Thanks
    Prinz

• Klaus

Hi Tyler,
    installed and use this plugin in too. The free version let assign only a small portion (and more randomly) of user roles to sub domains. Tried to order the PRO version today but unfortunately the developer website does not allow NEW registration nor is it possible to place an order. Currently I emailed them asking for asap replay how to signup/order this tool as it seems that could solve once again a further step of our requirements.

Will keep this request still open to report the outcome if I get the opportunity by this developer to purchase and use in full the PRO Version.

Meanwhile big thank your too you.
    Until then, kind regards
    Prinz

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.