How do I turn off the need to have an Event create by a user approved?

I want my users to be able to create an event and have it directly added to the Event Calendar.

  • Tyler Postle

    Hey Mike,

    I just tested this on my own installation with both the front end editor and back end for a subscriber. Both worked as expected with the capabilities you have in your screenshot.

    Do you have any other plugins like the user role editor maybe that could be causing a conflict here? Double check that. It would be worth doing a plugin conflict check as well by deactivating all other plugins and seeing if the issue is still there.

    Let us know what you find :slight_smile:

    Cheers,
    Tyler

  • Mike

    OK Tyler, here's where I'm at. I just spend a couple of hours turning plugins off and on and off and on in all sorts of combinations. Initially, I turned everything off and that fixed the problem. So, I started turning them back on, one at a time and ended up with all of them on and everything working. Really?!

    So, I logged out and then back in. And now, it's half broke. When (as a Subscriber user) I create an event, the system responds by telling me that it is published. Which it sort of is. It won't show up on the Calendar but if you go look in Admin>Events>Events, it's there as published. Except the date has been set to Jan. 1, 1970. If you fix that date and do an Update everything is fine.

    So I've gone thru the plugins one more time, turned them all off, which didn't fix it. Still, I turned them back on, one at a time, and it still is sort of broke.

    Any bright ideas?

  • Tyler Postle

    Hey Mike,

    Thanks for updating us here!

    Odd the first time you deactivated all plugins it worked fine, but not the next time.

    Do you mind granting support access so I can take a closer look at your settings? Then I'll do further testing on my own install so we can get to the bottom of this and get a solution for you. Sorry for the inconvenience here.

    You can grant support access via your dashboard. WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Support.

    Look forward to your reply here Mike!

    Cheers,
    Tyler

  • Tyler Postle

    Hey Mike,

    Thanks for granting that. I made sure my settings were the same as yours and was still unable to reproduce the issue here. I'm leaning towards your WP-Optimize plugin causing this, as it makes changes in the database, which could result in something like this happening.

    With that said, I created a new user on your site(hope you don't mind!) and created a test event(deleted it right after), it seems to work fine on your site now - the correct date was showing. Are you still getting the issue? I see in your events listing that it's happening to two of your users. If you create a new user does it still happen to that one?

    Apologies for all the questions here! Just want to get all the details of the issue since it's the first time I've seen it.

    Thanks for your time Mike :slight_smile:

    All the best,
    Tyler

  • Mike

    So I was watching while you were creating your event. And fell out of my chair when it worked. So I created another event which appeared to be published but when I looked at the August Month calendar it did't appear. Went and looked in Dashboard>Events>Events and it was there and the status was published. Read your email and decided to create another user and give that a try. Did that. When I hit published response was saved and published. When to the calendar to look for it and it wasn't there. But the edit I had created 5 minutes before was. Refreshed my browser a couple of times, thinking maybe I just wasn't waiting long enough but no joy.

    Logged out from new user and logged back in to my admin account. Created another event, which said it was published, but it didn't appear on the Calendar. looked in Dashboard>Events>Events and there it was with a date of 1970-01-01.

    I'll try turning off Optimize.

    • Tyler Postle

      Hey Mike,

      Thanks for the step by step explanation there, that will help with my testing too!

      Let me know how it goes after turning off Optimize, It definitely sounds like something is going on in the database tables here, since you're posting it as august 2014 but then when the website fetches the data, it's bringing back 1970.

      I have to go offline for a little while here. I will be back on tonight and I'm making note to check your thread for your reply when I come back :slight_smile:

      Thanks again for your patience here.

      Talk to you soon!

      Cheers,
      Tyler

  • Tyler Postle

    Hey Mike,

    Glad we found out the conflict here :slight_smile:

    It seems to me that the error only occurs during the posting process while having Optimize activated. So, as long as when you activate optimize, it isn't creating any errors with previously posted events then you should be fine to just activate it weekly, optimize, then deactivate.

    As you mentioned, I can't say 100% for sure, but I don't see any issue with doing it that way.

    Hope that helps Mike. Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

    Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.