How do I turn off the notification to install the Dev Dashboard?

I only want to install one plugin that I downloaded, not the whole Dev Dashboard. How do I turn off that annoying notification that is always there in bright red?

• fittedwebdesign
    • Flash Drive

Found the answer. After unsuccessfully trying to use the Support Search to find this simple answer, I finally saw the related topics listed on this question that I asked.

To the devs, have a look at the support search. It should have pulled up all of the related topics I see on this page, but instead it pulled up a bunch of unrelated items. The community search was equally unhelpful. Consider using a different engine?

Thanks,
    Kenny

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Kenny @fittedwebdesign

I hope you are well today.

Glad you found the answer, sorry you had trouble finding it, we use the default WordPress search, which I'm afraid isn't fantastic.
    I personally use a google search like so.

site:wpmudev.org enter search term here

That will return much better results :slight_smile:

Thank you you for your feedback and thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• fittedwebdesign
    • Flash Drive

Thanks, Jack. The irony, of course, is that you guys offer a google search plugin :slight_smile:

I went ahead and installed the dev dashboard and turned off notifications via the settings. Am I going to run into any issues if my wpmudev subscription runs out and that dashboard and plugins are running on a client's site? What happens then?

Thanks for the quick response!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @fittedwebdesign

:slight_smile: I've never thought of that before :slight_smile:

That is a good question with regards to that, they still shouldn't see the update notifications, as it's linked to your ID and the subscription would be a free one, so no you won't run into any issues :slight_smile: Just of course you won't have the updates to the plugins.

The plugins will continue to work fine :slight_smile: One thing I would advise against is removing the code for the notifications, there's some info on that here
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-dev/update-notifications-plugin-information/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.