How do I update the details of Pro Sites pricing packages...?

I can't figure out how to edit the details of my 3 hosting packages (spent 45 mins looking for... def suggest you guys make that 'friendlier':wink: Screenshot attached of what I mean... just has default text but I want o build out more. Also when I tried to acces http://TheHostingNinja.com and click PRO or BASIC or NINJA 'order yours' which i connected each button to the actual purchase page https://thehostingninja.com/ninja-pro-sites/ but when I do on phone when not logged in, it asks for me to sign in...? How can I setup so a new visitor can select a hosting package and goes rt to asking for their credit card info etc? Big THNKS never worked with your plugins before, my first month and hope to have a long and profitable relationship with WPMU!

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there @sterling6,

How are you doing today?

In order to add additional text to your plans you can activate Feature Table in Pro Sites -> Pricing table -> Feature Table, once there check the box next to "Enable Feature Table" and add features to your plans.

For your second issue the link that you're using is actually for your users to upgrade to specific plan. For this user needs to already have a site created so they can upgrade. If you want them to sign up for a plan on registration you should be able to do that by using "Signup on Checkout" and disabling "Allow Free Signup", both options can be found in Pro Sites -> Settings -> General Settings, see screenshot.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Sterling Williams

Yes I have those checked as in the screenshot but it still takes me to 'first login before you can choose a site to upgrade'
    Is this the right page to click to when ordering a package?
    and the other pages that were installed have shortcodes, instead of content, how do I fix this?

and when enable featured table, I see the 13 box options to check, but where can I just insert my own text/descriptions of each hosting package?

thnk you for your asap guidance forward!
    -Sterling

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again Sterling,

The reason login is required on that page is because you have registration disabled in your network admin in Settings -> Network Settings so only logged in users who already created sites can upgrade, see screenshot. I've activated it for testing purposes and everything works fine (I've disabled it again in case that's what you want for now.)

As for Feature table not being visible, you need to check Visible check box for each of the features, see screenshot. You can also add custom description by adding text in Custom Text column for each of the levels.

On a side note I had issues seeing differences because of the Caching plugin that you have active so I had to clear cache in order to see changes, I'd advise on disabling caching while you're in creating/testing phase.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Sterling Williams

Truly appreciate the time and guidance Bojan... so do I check 'both sites...' option to bypass 'registration disable'..? I did that and am getting this page w 'reserve your domain' .thehostingninja etc, but even when I try to fill out, I have issues in screenshots attached. just so confusing for any first time customer whom I could see getting quickly frustrated and not coming back. It should be like a GoDaddy or Blue Host, HostGator easy click, check a few options and credit card (I have swipe good to go). What do you experience when try to buy a package and advise me finally to do...? BIG Thnks! srry just really think this should all be redesigned to be easier to understand an edit etc

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again Sterling,

I'd assume you want new users to register and create new sites, if that is the case you'd definitely want to use "Both sites and user accounts can be registered.". These standard WordPress options allows you to disable registration, allow only user registration, allow only site registration (by already registered users) and allow both user and site registration which would be the best option so you can allow people to sign up as users and register site on your network.

Regarding registration, this is what I currently get on the Pro Sites registration page on your site (https://thehostingninja.com/ninja-pro-sites/), see screenshot. After selecting level the registration fields show up below, see screenshot 2.

Once you enter that information you're redirected to checkout, see screenshot 3.

The process doesn't seem confusing for me but that could be because I'm already used to it. It is basically just few clicks, go to registration page, select level that you want, enter username, site name, email and proceed to pay on the same page.

What specifically is confusing or you find hard for you in the above process?

Please let me know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Sterling Williams

I realize now, doesn't the Text of each entry section seem removed from the area it's referring to?
      it's like it should be rt below the entry bar not with padding and then rt next to following sections, no? And I am trying to provide hosting for friends/potential clients that have their domain with another provider and pointing the nameservers for a new site build on my Media Temple hosting, not having them create a subdomain (I can do that and mask/hide but I don't want them knowing or dealing or over thinking any of that) Is it possible to edit the text and layout of what this Ordering section reads as is Bojan? again BIG thnks, as this is a Big Deal if I am going to move forward w this plugin and $etup

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again Sterling,

I see your point on the space below each of the input fields. I've checked your site and this is caused by the CSS that is coming from your theme. I've added some custom CSS in your main site in Enfold custom CSS tab in Enfold -> General Styling -> Quick CSS. This is the code I've added:

#prosites-user-register input#blogname, #prosites-user-register input#user_email, #prosites-user-register input#user_name {
        margin-bottom: 0;
    }

#prosites-user-register .username, #prosites-user-register .email, #prosites-user-register .blogname {
        margin-bottom: 20px;
    }

#prosites-user-register .email > br {
        display: none;
    }

This is the result, see screenshot.

In regards to changing the text of the fields in the registration form this can be done by using plugin translation files. You can find more information on how to translate plugin here. As for adding domain this needs to be done on that subsite once it is created so having this be done out of a box on site registration is not possible out of a box with Pro Sites. I can see that you have Domain Mapping but mapping needs to be done after the site has been registered if that makes sense.

Best regards,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.