How do I use buddy press with appointments + ?

how can I use buddy press to let each service provider manage their own calendar in Appointments +?

I was told by one of your peers that if I use buddy press along with appointments + then each user can manage their own calendar

1. My question is HOW?

2. I want to use membership, appointments and buddy press to set up a mentoring site and community. the mentors will be service providers in appointments + and use buddy press to access their calendars (see my question 1 above) and more – what is the best way to do this?

3. I want each user NOT SERVICE PROVIDER to have to be a member before they can access the service providers etc – how do I do this?

Thank you

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there @michael, hope you’re well today!

To allow your service providers to set their working hours you’ll need to set “Allow service provider set working hours” to Yes in Appointments >> Settings >> Accessibility Settings.

You can force users to login in order to make an appointment, to do that you’ll need to set “Login required” to Yes in Appointments >> Settings >> Accessibility Settings.

If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Bojan

• michael
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Bojan you did not even mention buddy press once in your answer – I prefer proper answers to my specific questions rather than fast answers that are not relevant

This forum needs a way to rate the answers on a scale of 1-10 so people can see which support staff actually answer the questions asked

• michael

Ash emailed me to tell me not to open new threads – please answer my original question – please take the time to read the question and answer it so that I don’t have to wait in the que again and again and again

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey there Michael,

Hope you're doing well today! Happy to help you out here.

how can I use buddy press to let each service provider manage their own calendar in Appointments +?

There is an option in the Appointments > Settings > General tab – labeled: "Allow service provider set working hours"

Set that to "Yes".

Now, once that is set to yes and you have BuddyPress installed then under the "Appointments" tab on your public BuddyPress profile there will be an "Appointments Settings" sub-tab where providers can set their working hours.

This option will only show for providers and they will only see their own schedule, no one elses :slight_smile:

2. I want to use membership, appointments and buddy press to set up a mentoring site and community. the mentors will be service providers in appointments + and use buddy press to access their calendars (see my question 1 above) and more – what is the best way to do this?

My above description will allow your providers to manage their working times and see their scheduled appointments. You will still need a scheduling page so your clients can schedule the appointments; however, with Protected Content you can easily protect that page from visitors so they must login first :slight_smile:

3. I want each user NOT SERVICE PROVIDER to have to be a member before they can access the service providers etc – how do I do this?

Oops, jumped the gun on this one a bit, as mentioned above – you can use Protected Content to protect the scheduling page until they are logged :slight_smile:

How does that sound?

Look forward to hearing back on this Michael!

Cheers,

Tyler

• michael

can you please explain this to me and pretend that I am a newbie (which I am)

I never used appointments + before and I never used buddy press

Can you please explain step by step how I can use buddy press with Appointment +?

Step by step

thank you

• michael

for example – why say yes to set own hours and NOT also say yes to let service providers confirm

1. Please show me how to use buddy press with appointments + so that service providers can configure their own calendars FULLY

2. What about the users buddypress profile and his appointment + profile?

can they be merged etc

3. so I really need to know how to BEST AND FULLY use buddypress with Appointments + for all features etc etc etc

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Michael,

Thanks for your quick reply :slight_smile:

for example – why say yes to set own hours and NOT also say yes to let service providers confirm

Oops, I just never selected “Yes” to that – there is no reason not too :slight_smile: if you want service providers to confirm their own appointments then set that to yes.

Once set to yes, providers will have a “Confirm” option in their scheduled appointments lists. Screenshot attached.

1. Please show me how to use buddy press with appointments + so that service providers can configure their own calendars FULLY

The above steps is all you need to do to take advantage of the built in integration with BuddyPress :slight_smile:

Just set those 2 options there. The “Appointments” tab in BuddyPress will automatically show up just having the 2 plugins both activated.

Clients will see their own scheduled appointments there too.

2. What about the users buddypress profile and his appointment + profile?

can they be merged etc

The Appointment profile is just a page selected from your pages – there is no actual Appointments profile to integrate; however, you could always setup a page then set it to redirect to the providers BuddyPress Profile :slight_smile: You could use a plugin such as this to handle the redirection: https://wordpress.org/plugins/redirection/

3. so I really need to know how to BEST AND FULLY use buddypress with Appointments + for all features etc etc etc

That should be it :slight_smile: did you have others in mind? Let us know and it’s possible we could custom code the integration for you.

So, for starters, all you need to do is activat both the plugins(Appointments and BuddyPress) – add your providers then setup the options above and you will have the full built in integration.

You can force login within Appointments, is that enough to block your visitors? Or do you want to protect the page completely? If you want to protect it completely then you will need to use Protected Content.

Hope this helps! and again, if you have any further questions let me know :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back.

All the best,

Tyler

• michael

also – still waiting for the answer on how service providers can configure their own calendars themselves and what exactly they can and cannot do vis-a-vis the calendar

I would like them to use the buddypress profile instead of the appointments + profile so they – the service providers – can configure their own profile by themselves

thanks

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Michael,

No problem, happy to help :slight_smile:

I would also like to know how to use the buddypress profile in place of the appointments + profile

Are you wanting to link to the service providers BuddyPress profile from the “make an appointment” page or have the providers bookable schedule actually on their BuddyPress profile(in one of their tabs)?

Both would require some custom code, but perhaps we could help you get one of those setup :slight_smile: let us know which one is more appealing for you.

also – still waiting for the answer on how service providers can configure their own calendars themselves and what exactly they can and cannot do vis-a-vis the calendar

They can configure their working hours and break hours themselves and confirm appointments – that is the built in functionality. What other sort of calendar customization did you have in mind? :slight_smile:

I would like them to use the buddypress profile instead of the appointments + profile so they – the service providers – can configure their own profile by themselves

Sounds like you might want to have your service providers bookable schedule on their profile so clients can visit the specific providers BuddyPress profile and book from there?

Look forward to hearing back here!

Cheers,

Tyler

• michael

thank you so much for your time and answers

I think it would help us resolve my issues if I told you exactly what I am trying to create

I want to create a site where people get mentored in certain subjects.

I need the users to be able to search for mentors by name and categories, find the particular mentor(s) view their profiles and book an appointment

The appointment can be chat, video chat, telephone etc

It is critical that each mentor be able to create and modify their profiles and their calendars and schedules

The site will have 100s of mentors so I cannot do this for each one manually

I also want this to be a membership site and the mentors will provide free and fee services

I also want the users to be able to review and rate each mentor and have the reviews be part of the mentors’ profile

I need a very good search tool unless buddypress has one built in so that users can search for and find the exact mentor they need

I will be using buddypress, appointments + membership and possibly the Q&A plugins from WPMU

I have not yet found a review plugin but there should be something out there

So it appears from your feedback that either buddypress or appointments + should be the “dominate theme” – I believe that for my needs I should use buddypress as the dominate theme and then add appointments + ease of scheduling etc to it

Since this is an incredibly long post – let me just tell you the top 4 things I need for now:

1. I want each service provider to have a visible calendar on their profile page and have users be able to book appointments with each one – so each mentor/service provider will be like their own company so my office hours etc are irrelevant – we will be open based on each of the mentor’s schedules

2. I need to make sure that each service provider can configure their personal calendars themselves – COMPLETELY – this means they can create their schedules, change them, see if someone canceled etc etc – they need to be able to configure their calendars the exact same way as the site admin would do it on the back end

3. I need to make sure that each service provider can only access their calendars and not others – so the solution of making each one an admin will not work

4. I need to make sure that membership, buddypress, appointments + and regular wordpress logins all work together seamlessly so that users only need to sign up via buddypress and choose their membership when they sign up and then they never have to sign up etc for any other feature

Thank you so much for your help – I really appreciate this and I choose WPMU over your competitors because of the customer service and support

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Michael,

Appreciate the detailed reply and the breakdown of your questions, really helps :slight_smile:

1. I want each service provider to have a visible calendar on their profile page and have users be able to book appointments with each one – so each mentor/service provider will be like their own company so my office hours etc are irrelevant – we will be open based on each of the mentor's schedules

Yes, so to do this we will need to add in some custom functionality.

There is some code here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/schedule-calendar-on-the-buddypress-user-profile-page

However, I have been testing it and it doesn't appear to work how you want it and my customizations haven't worked so far – so I'm flagging this for SLS(our coding experts) so we can look into getting this implemented for you :slight_smile:

2. I need to make sure that each service provider can configure their personal calendars themselves – COMPLETELY – this means they can create their schedules, change them, see if someone canceled etc etc – they need to be able to configure their calendars the exact same way as the site admin would do it on the back end

They can setup their working hours which will set their schedule and they can also change this whenever they like :slight_smile:

If someone cancels you can have it send an email to the provider to notify them – that option is setup from the backend but all you need to it is set it to send the email then you're done – no other configuration necessary.

3. I need to make sure that each service provider can only access their calendars and not others – so the solution of making each one an admin will not work

This is default behaviour for service providers, so no customization will be necessary here – it already works how you want :slight_smile: service providers can only change their own working hours.

4. I need to make sure that membership, buddypress, appointments + and regular wordpress logins all work together seamlessly so that users only need to sign up via buddypress and choose their membership when they sign up and then they never have to sign up etc for any other feature

Instead of Membership, I would use Protected Content. It's our latest content protection plugin and has BuddyPress integration so you can protect the members pages and other BuddyPress options(if ever needed). The logins already work like that, so if a member signs up in BuddyPress they will be signed up everywhere. The protection of members pages will be controlled by Portected Content, so once they choose the membership and sign up then users will be able to access the mentors profile pages.

The only action you will really need to do manually is assign the mentors as service providers. I'm thinking you may want to approve them or verify them anyway?

I also want the users to be able to review and rate each mentor and have the reviews be part of the mentors' profile

This is a good plugin for BuddyPress user ratings: https://wordpress.org/plugins/rating-widget/

I've attached screenshots of what the profile ratings look like :slight_smile: when you hover over the stars it will give a description of it. ie. "Good", "Excellent", "poor", etc.

You can also choose the user ID's you want to place it on so not every user has ratings, only providers.

Hope this helps Michael!

All the best,

Tyler

• michael

Thank you for your help

1. please, please have your coding experts make this happen for me – this is the KEY feature that I need for my site and I am sure many,many others would like it to and maybe even assumed like me that it was part of the default features

2. can you please explain exactly how the service providers can configure their calendars and profiles – is it part of buddypress or the plugin? How do they do it – where do they go etc and how does the theme/plugin match each provider to his/her profile and calendar?

3. Not sure why I would use protected content and not membership – I want each user to have to be a member and then have different levels of membership – which plugin in – membership or protected content would do this best

4. Thank you for the review plugin – I will check it out – it looks like it will be good because I only want reviews for the service providers and not for all users

Thank you again for your time

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Michael,

Hope you’re doing well today! Thanks for your reply.

1. please, please have your coding experts make this happen for me – this is the KEY feature that I need for my site and I am sure many,many others would like it to and maybe even assumed like me that it was part of the default features

Yes, I have explained the situation to them and it is being worked on :slight_smile:

SLS(coding experts) deal with more complex tickets/solutions, so their response may take a little longer than normal.

2. can you please explain exactly how the service providers can configure their calendars and profiles – is it part of buddypress or the plugin? How do they do it – where do they go etc and how does the theme/plugin match each provider to his/her profile and calendar?

It is done on their BuddyPress profile, but the tab where they do it is provided by the Appointments+ plugin :slight_smile:

In my earlier screenshots where you can see the “Working Hours” selections on their profile – that is where they will setup their schedule.

As for their profile, the other tabs available their are from BuddyPress and you can create extra profile fields for them to fill in too if you like. Users will be able to edit their BuddyPress profiles right from their profile by going to Profile > Edit.

3. Not sure why I would use protected content and not membership – I want each user to have to be a member and then have different levels of membership – which plugin in – membership or protected content would do this best

I would still go with Protected Content, It is sort of a re-coded version of Membership; however, lots of people still use and love Membership so we still support it as well – but we re-coded it to allow us to add in some more features that lots of members have been wanting for a long time that wasn`t possible with Membership, such as network wide protection which is being developed now :slight_smile:

So, anything you could do with Membership, for the most part you can do with Protected Content, and more!

4. Thank you for the review plugin – I will check it out – it looks like it will be good because I only want reviews for the service providers and not for all users

Yes, I figured that would be a feature you would like in that plugin :slight_smile: glad that looks like it should work.

Let us know if you still need any further assistance here!

All the best,

Tyler

• michael

Tyler – thank you very much

Where will the code experts post their code? Here on this thread?

I will check out protected content and see if it solves my issues

looking forward to the code and thanks again for all your help

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Michael,

Yes, they’ll post it here and explain where to place it, or we can place it in the correct file for you :slight_smile:

The way it will be coded is so updates to Appointments+ won’t affect it, so you won’t have to worry about updates overwriting the customizations.

No problem! Happy to help and thanks for your patience here.

Hope you’re enjoying the weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Tyler

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for the patience, it took a bit longer than expected. I polished the code to give you a nice back end where you can control how the A+ tab is displayed.

Usage :

Download the zip file and extract it. Open up your mu-plugins folder in your WordPress Directory (or create one) usually located within wp-content folder of your public_html folder. Select the PHP file app-bp-booking.php and place it into your wp-content/mu-plugin folder in your WordPress Directory. You will have additional options under display settings as shown in the screenshot below.

Alternately :

Download the zip file and upload it as part of the upload new plugin screen from the admin. It will show up in the list of installed plugins, simply click activate and it will work. You will have additional options under display settings as shown in the screenshot below.

Features:

You can either choose to show the Appointments booking workflow as part of the Profile page itself or create a new sub tab under the main profile tab and display it there separately. You can set the title of this pane from the admin screen.

Let me know if you have issues getting this to work, I'll be watching this thread.

Cheers

Jude

PS: I was reading your earlier posts about how you wanted the site to work. I had earlier written an addon that allows both users and service providers customize their profile details like email / ph etc .. You may find it useful

https://github.com/JudeRosario/app-bp-xprofile-integration

• michael

WOW – thanks so much – you truly rock and truly went above and beyond the call of duty!

I will let you know how it works and hopefully that it was successful

Thanks so much for the effort

Michael

P.S. You have restored my faith in WPMU and its customer service!!!

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there Michael,

Here is the easiest way to do it yourself. Download the latest zip file, Go to the plugins screen and select "Add New" . Here select the upload button and choose the zip file. Once its uploaded click on activate.

You will then have additional options under Appointments + > Settings > Display Options . See my screenshot for where to look.

Also I'd be more than happy if you let me do it for you, if send in the following

Subject: "Attn: Jude Rosario"

– WordPress newtwork admin / superadmin

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– cPanel details

-link back to this thread for reference

Select "I have a different question" for your topic – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Cheers,

Jude

• Julie
    • New Recruit

Hi Jude – I am helping Michael with the installation and set up of your plugin. It's installed fine and the tab shows on the Profile section. Thank you for that but we are stuck.

This is multisite using Sweet Date theme, Protected Content, BP, and the Sweet Date theme comes with Memberships Paid Pro included. At this point, I'm not sure what is causing some of the behavior here.

1. We created a tab under Profile called "Manage or View Appointments". This is the tab that your plugin allowed us to create. The page that loads when we click on the button is:

domainname.com/members/membername/profile/book-appointment/

(1a) If I am logged in as a SP, a "book an appointment" calendar shows (instead of my appointments – pending, confirmed, etc). See Screenshot 1A.

(1b) If I am logged in as a non-SP, no calendar shows up there.

2. We tried to view appointments using the BP Appointments tab. The page that loads when we click on that is: domainname.com/members/membername/appointments/

(2a) If I am logged in as a SP, it says "My Appointments as Service Provider" but nothing is there. See Screenshot 2A. (It's worth noting that the Appointments Settings DO work here so SPs can manage their working hours.)

(2b) If I am logged in as a non-SP, it says "My Appointments" but nothing is there.

3. We tried the "Make an Appointment" page that is created when Service Provider is added. The page that load there is: domainname.com/make-an-appointment

(3a) If I am logged in as a SP, a "book an appointment" calendar shows (instead of my appointments – pending, confirmed, etc). (Note this is exactly the same as screenshot 1A)

(3b) If I am logged in as a non-SP, My Appointments show correctly. The Book an Appointment Calendar also shows below that – PERFECT!

4. I still can't get the SP's calendar to show to the SP unless I create a private page and add shortcodes. The page to this is: domainname.com/member-name

(4a) If I am logged in as a SP, I can actually see my appointments. See Screenshot 4A.

(4b) If I am logged in as a non-SP, it says Protected Content.

So #4 seems to work as it should but given how random the other three work, I have to believe that I'm missing something or plugins are overlapping or something. ANY clarification you can give me is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance and yes, I'll gladly give you access if you need to login. :slight_smile:

Three screenshots are attached.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there @julie

Hope you are doing great !!

1 a) Fixed. It now displays My Appointments if logged in as SP.

b) Fixed. I’ve re written the plugin as a singleton class.

2 a) This works in my install, also this has nothing to do with my addon. This is a core feature of the Plugin and is independent of my code.

b) Again. This is a core feature of the Plugin and is independent of my code.

BOTH 2 a) and b) strongly suggest that although you have booked the appointment, they are not confirmed in the backend and the status reads “pending”

3) and 4) – I have rewritten the plugin to reflect this behaviour in the profile page as well.

Are you comfortable cloning code from a GitHub repository ? If yes here is a link to this plugin. I will make future modifications over here, its much safer to keep track compared to the forum posts.

I am also attaching a zip file, which you can download and use like earlier. Let me know if this works, otherwise I may need to take a closer look.

Cheers

Jude

• Julie
    • New Recruit

Hi Jude – I'll address these one at a time as I test. THIS ENTRY IS FOR 1A.

You: 1 a) Fixed. It now displays My Appointments if logged in as SP.

Me: It does show My Appointments now but it is not showing any appointments even though there are two confirmed. I am attaching screenshots.

You: b) Fixed. I've re written the plugin as a singleton class.

Me: Yes, my appointments show here for non-SP. Thank you!

• Julie
    • New Recruit

THIS ENTRY IS FOR 3A:

You: 3) and 4) – I have rewritten the plugin to reflect this behaviour in the profile page as well.

Me: The behaviors for 4a and 4b are unchanged, which is fine.

For 3A, it does now show My Appointments block but no appointments show even though there are two confirmed. (same as 1A). Screenshots are attached.

3B is still perfect.

• Julie
    • New Recruit

THIS ENTRY IS FOR 2A & 2B:

You:

2 a) This works in my install, also this has nothing to do with my addon. This is a core feature of the Plugin and is independent of my code.

b) Again. This is a core feature of the Plugin and is independent of my code.

Me: This is a core feature of which Plugin? BuddyPress?

You:

BOTH 2 a) and b) strongly suggest that although you have booked the appointment, they are not confirmed in the backend and the status reads “pending”

Me: Thanks but they were both confirmed in the backend so something is just not working properly with this plugin.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi Julie,

Looks like I’ll need to take a closer look.

Please send in

Subject: “Attn: Jude Rosario

– WordPress super admin/ admin username + password

– cPanel details

– phpMyAdmin details ( To check database )

Select “I have a different question” for your topic – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Cheers

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there Julie,

I rewrote the code a bit with better logic and moved the Nav Tab to a top level menu because the theme was probably conflicting with the sub nav.

Its already added to your site, but you can clone again if you need a copy.

Do let me know if it works

Cheers,

Jude

• michael

thanks – I granted access – http://www.caregivermentors.com

I really appreciate this

1.very important that each mentor has his/her own calendar on their profile that they can access themselves and set up and customize

2. what is the difference between the buddy press profile and the profile mentors can create using appointments +

3. Lets get this done and then I have some other questions

4. I really appreciate all your help – awesome customer service

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi Michael,

very important that each mentor has his/her own calendar on their profile that they can access themselves and set up and customize

This seems to be working as expected. I have made a few small changes to the plugin which you can update to if you’re interested.

2. what is the difference between the buddy press profile and the profile mentors can create using appointments +

The BuddyPress profile is more of a social profile which can be customized and extended, its primarily used when members interact with each other. More on it here.

The Appointment profile itself is a minimal set of fields that facilitate basic information exchange related to appointments.

3. Lets get this done and then I have some other questions

Please send in any questions you have and we’ll be happy to answer :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jude

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

1. thanks – how do I update the plugin?

You can give me support access and I can do it for you. Alternatively you can delete the old version of the plugin and install using my file from the previous post.

2. Is there some kind of tutorial or step by step checklist that I can use for myself and to show mentors how to use appointments +? something very simple

You can consider the usage guide here. Navigate to the usage guide tab

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/

Also the way it works is real simple

A mentor just goes to this page where he can view and cancel appointments

http://caregivermentors.com/members/michaelneuvirth/book-appointment/

Similarly a end user can go here and book the services of this mentor. The primary purpose of my plugin is to avoid backend access to users which can be confusing.

http://caregivermentors.com/make-an-appointment/

Cheers

Jude

• michael

1. thanks – will give you access please do it for me

2. I am still confused on how mentors set up their profile and calendar

3. also – how can non-mentors have a calendar on their profile that shows their appointments with mentors?

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

1. thanks – will give you access please do it for me

Looks like Ill need FTP to do this because my addon was installed by Julie as an mu plugin.

Can you please send in

Subject: "Attn: Jude Rosario"

– WordPress admin username + password

Select "I have a different question" for your topic – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

2. I am still confused on how mentors set up their profile and calendar

You can set this up in the service provider profile pages as shown in my screenshot. Set the working hours for each provider and clients can then book the mentor during those hours.

3. also – how can non-mentors have a calendar on their profile that shows their appointments with mentors?

I can see how your site will require this. This is not possible out of the box as yet, mostly because till now we primarily have use cases where people make one off or a few appointments at most with the system. You can view a table as of now alternately your customers can integrate and have this view displayed in their Google Calendar.

Cheers

Jude

• michael

I am still so confused:

I wrote: I am still confused on how mentors set up their profile and calendar

Your Wrote: “You can set this up in the service provider profile pages as shown in my screenshot. Set the working hours for each provider and clients can then book the mentor during those hours.

No, no no – I need the service providers to set up everything for themselves – I will have hundreds of provides – I cannot set up their time etc. I need each one to go to their profile and set up their calendars all by themselves

Please show me how they do this

thanks

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi Michael,

No, no no – I need the service providers to set up everything for themselves – I will have hundreds of provides – I cannot set up their time etc. I need each one to go to their profile and set up their calendars all by themselves

The best way to do this is by using Google Calendar Integration. Then allow for each provider to set their individual availability via their own calendar

You can see this video to see how this is done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hul60oJ1Eiw&feature=youtu.be

Cheers

Jude

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

1.the hosting is godaddy – so do I just give you my godaddy user name and password?

Yeah this works

2. when you fix it can it all be part of one plugin so I don’t get confused and have to give out ftp etc again?

I cannot make it one plugin as that will lead to other issues. I will however do this once in a way it will not be required again.

• michael

no JUDE NO!!!!! That is totally unacceptable – when I initially asked about appointments + I was told that each service provider can set their own schedule, calendar and profile – using the plugin and not using google calendar

Please show me how they can do this WITHOUT GOOGLE CALENDAR

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey Michael

This is the step by step way of doing this without using GCalendar

1) Activate the Administrative Permissions addon from the appointments settings page.

2) Allow users to set their own schedule in the front end from the setting in the A+ tab see my screenshots

Cheers

Jude

• michael

1. thanks – made you an admin – will email you the user name and password like I did the FTP

2. I need to use this for other sites so what do I need to do to add your changes to another site so it works the same?

3. since you are admin can you please set yourself up as a mentor and create a calendar – this way we know it works for sure

4. Please do anything else you need to do

thanks

• michael

HUGE PROBLEM CAUSED BY APPOINTMENTS PLUS

I get this when I try to access my site

Warning: require_once(/var/chroot/home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data02/74/2474974/html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/gcal/Google_P12Signer.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/chroot/home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data02/74/2474974/html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/gcal/auth/Google_Signer.php on line 18

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘Google_P12Signer.php’ (include_path=’/var/chroot/home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data02/74/2474974/html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/gcal:.:disappointed:usr/local/php5_4/lib/php’:wink: in /var/chroot/home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data02/74/2474974/html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/gcal/auth/Google_Signer.php on line 18

Please fix immediately

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey Michael.

Here are a few things you need to check

1) I made sure everything was working smooth but I’m not sure if your previous dev (Julie ?) made any changes to core. If she did you’ll have to add those in as well

2) Install my plugin from here

https://github.com/JudeRosario/app-bp-frontend-booking

3) Allow users to set their own schedule in the front end from the setting in the A+ tab under General Settings.

With that you can replicate on as many sites as you want. Pay special attention to (1) above

Cheers

Jude

• michael

1. What about updating the plugin? There is a new version of the appointments + plugin – if I update will I lose your changes?

2. what is the difference between your plugin on github and the appointments + plugin?

thanks

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi again @michael

1) I have made all changes in such a way that updating the core plugin should not affect anything. Do check with any other developer/s you have used on the site to be certain.

2) The plugin on GitHub completely lets your users and service providers book and manage appointments on the front end. I wrote it for you specially, but others are using it now. I moved it to GitHub so that all members can use the latest version from there. Appointments+ is the base plugin. You will need BOTH active simultaneously to have your site working.

You can get back at anytime to us for help on this so go ahead and get started on the other sites :slight_smile:

Jude

• michael

hi jude – thanks so much for being such a good sport and helping me on this thread to nowhere LOL

I am installing your plugin from github and appointments + latest version – is this all I need to finally do what I want and have each mentor/expert have their own calendar via buddypress that they can manipulate and configure?

Any physical changes made to the site by you or julie or anyone else are gone – I had to start fresh

Hopefully this will be closed soon and I will send you a virtual 6 pack of beer for your troubles

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hi there @michael

I am installing your plugin from github and appointments + latest version – is this all I need to finally do what I want and have each mentor/expert have their own calendar via BuddyPress that they can manipulate and configure?

Yup thats all you need. It should be able to allow each mentor/expert have their own calendar via BuddyPress that they can manipulate and configure.

Also the error message you shared via email is because the plugin is already installed as a mu-plugin. So don’t bother installing it again.

Cheers

Jude

• michael

ok – so if I just leave it alone I will have the functionality built in – somehow?

so basically I should just delete the plugin on each site – as I think it is in the Must Use plugins – left over from julie

But what happens if you update the plugin – what will I have to do?

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey Michael

If I update the plugin again you simply need to replace the old version with the updated version.

That being said I wont update unless its absolutely necessary as many people are using it in its current form and prefer keeping it that way.

Jude

• michael

ok will be playing with it this week – hope all goes well and you REALLY WENT WAY BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY FOR THIS – WHEN I FINALLY SET IT UP IN THE 3 SITES SOME HOW I HAVE TO TREAT YOU TO A 5 COURSE GOURMET MEAL WITH WINE PAIRINGS

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.