How do I use the icons from the small screenshot?

In the small screenshot accompanying this plugin there are some nice grey icons, however the actual plugin uses big coloured icons which don’t look anywhere near as good. How do I get the icons from the screenshot?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

You can change the icons and css in your theme by adding the following:

add_theme_support("bpfb_toolbar_icons");

in your functions.php, copy over the rules from css/bpfb_toolbar.css and edit to suit your needs.

Alternatively, if you’re OK with 32×32 icon sizes, you can just override the icons in your stylesheet using background property and !important. These are the IDs: #bpfb_addPhotos, #bpfb_addVideos, #bpfb_addLinks, #bpfb_addDocuments

I’m not sure what source the designer used for the Activity plus icons but here’s a few of my current faves:

http://fortawesome.github.com/Font-Awesome/

http://thedesignoffice.org/project/modern-pictograms/

http://keyamoon.com/icomoon/#toPreview

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further!

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Sure I’ll ask, but note that all screenshots and even the video fo the plugin show it’s default interface – and as noted above it’s completely customizable and there’s some pretty awesome examples I linked to.

You can use all of that to create the exact display you desire. Thanks!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi!

Just checking in :slight_smile:

I’m guessing that because we haven’t heard back from you that you’ve got your issue worked out via live chat or email, or that we have reached the end of our convo here. If you are still having problems or need any other answers on this particular topic please feel free to come back to this thread at anytime. Just be sure to mark it Not Resolved so we don’t miss it!

This ticket is only being Resolved due to lack of activity. It is by no means an action to avoid, brush off or minimize your issue. We are ready and here if you want to re-open at any time and I apologize in advance for any lack of communication if this ticket is being closed in error.

Thanks for being part of the WPMU DEV Community!

Best,

Kimberly

• magichew
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I’m very interested in this. I’ve visited the links that Mason posted and love the look of the icons but have no clue how to use them with this plug in.

Am I right in thinking that the icons listed aren’t pictures, there characters? If that’s the case I have no idea how to use them other than screenshotting them and trimming them to 32px and loading them.

Is that the suggested way or is there some other jiggery-pokery I could use to get these Font-Icons working?

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

You can change the icons and css in your theme by adding the following:

add_theme_support(“bpfb_toolbar_icons”:wink:;

in your functions.php, copy over the rules from css/bpfb_toolbar.css and edit to suit your needs.

Alternatively, if you’re OK with 32×32 icon sizes, you can just override the icons in your stylesheet using background property and !important. These are the IDs: #bpfb_addPhotos, #bpfb_addVideos, #bpfb_addLinks, #bpfb_addDocuments

:slight_smile:

• magichew
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Kimbery. I had not missed that, I have also read the exact same thing on the plugin page itself which was actually the first thing I read before finding this forum post.

I was after a little bit of a more user friendly explanation though.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.