How do I use the shortcodes in Appointments +?

I'm a beginner. I know nothing about shortcodes. Apparently I have to use certain shortcodes to get some features in this plugin to work. I can find nothing that tells me which part of the text to copy and then where I am supposed to paste it.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @Julie

Welcome to the forums!

All our plugins have a usage page with at least basic instructions on how to set up or configure the plugon. For Appointments+, it's right here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/#usage

As for how to use the shortcodes in this plugin, you will find them all explained in detail under the "Shortcodes" tab in the plugin settings on your site (1st screenshot).

Also, to get the plugin going, you really don't need to know how to use the shortcodes. Simply click the link in the "Create an Appointments Page" section of the "Display Settings" and this plugin will add all the required shortcodes to a page for you automatically (2nd screenshot).

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Julie
    • New Recruit

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the quick response.

Here is what I'm referring to:

Shortcode:[app_confirmation]
    Description: Inserts a form which displays the details of the selected appointment and has fields which should be filled by the client. This shortcode is always required to complete an appointment.
    Parameters:
    title: Text above fields. Default: "Please check the appointment details below and confirm:"
    button_text: Text of the button that asks client to confirm the appointment. Default: "Please click here to confirm this appointment"
    confirm_text: Javascript text that will be displayed after receiving of the appointment. This will only be displayed if you do not require payment. Default: "We have received your appointment. Thanks!"
    warning_text: Javascript text displayed if client does not fill a required field. Default: "Please fill in the requested field"
    name, email, phone, address, city, note: Descriptive title of the fields. e.g. to ask for post code instead of address, use address="Post code".
    gcal: Text that will be displayed beside Google Calendar checkbox. Default: "Open Google Calendar and submit appointment "

You can see that it says that this short code is always required to complete an appointment so I assumed that meant I would have to add it. If I don't, that's great. If I do have to add it, it doesn't tell me where to add it to. I have finally figured out that the piece I need to copy is: [app_confirmation]

But once I copy it, then what? Where do I paste it? Do you see what I mean? There are no instructions about that.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Julie

You'll also see this in the "Display Settings" section where you are prompted to create an appointment page:

Creates a front end Appointment page with title "Make an Appointment" with the selected schedule type and inserts all necessary shortcodes (My Appointments, Service Selection, Service Provider Selection, Appointment Schedule, Front end Login, Confirmation Field, Paypal Form) inside it. You can edit, add parameters to shortcodes, remove undesired shortcodes and customize this page later.

To learn more about shortcodes in WordPress, try these articles:
    http://remarkablogger.com/2013/02/09/wordpress-shortcodes/
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-add-a-shortcode-in-wordpress/

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Byron,

I hope you are well today.

1. where do I change the "title description" for Appointments+ short codes?

You can change the title of some of the appointments fields by using title attribute of shortcode as following.

[app_monthly_schedule title="Our schedule for START"]

Some shortcodes don't come with title attribute so in this case you can add the title text in the content of appointment page.

2. How I get the "Next" month button to work?
    http://vibanlife.com/make-an-appointment-6/

You can get it work by using the following appointment pagination shortcode.

[app_pagination]

Ideally its not a good process to post on a thread 2 years old. The plugin has changed since then and so has WordPress :slight_smile:

It might be best if you open your own here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question , even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for ya.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread :slight_smile:

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @boulderseo

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

As you can see this thread is resolved. Please always start your own thread and post link of the thread that is related to your issue for reference.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.