How do i validate Multisite sitemap operation

I install the multisite sitemaps in our environment ,but I’m having trouble figuring out how to validate that it is working.

The documentation has the following line:

You can check that your sitemaps have been created by going to: blog.domain.tld/sitemap.xml

can you explain more on where that is? blog.domain.tld??

Thanks

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @dhamel,

Hope you're doing well today!

As mentioned in plugin usage, you can check if the sitemap is created going to the url bar and writing you subsite URL with /sitemap.xml:

Example:

If your subsite is called "mysubsite" and the main domain is "mydomain.com" go to the URL bar and try:

mysubsite.mydomain.com/sitemap.xml

It should open the sitemap as described in the image attached.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• David
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Good morning.

Thanks for the response. We use a subdirectory structure for our multisite; I assume (and that’s bad) that it is the same for that type, i.e. I would go to domain.com/site/sitemap.xml??

Or is that not correct.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @dhamel,

Hope you’re doing well today!

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it will depend from your Multisite structure.

If you are using a Mutisite subdirectory based, so, you will need to check:

domain.com/subsite/sitemap.xml

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• David
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Good Morning. Thank you for the info. I understand.

I tried that and it didn’t work correctly, but I also tried to install SmartCrawl and the sitemap there doesn’t work correctly either so i think I have another problem that I will need to investigate and try to resolve first.

Thanks for the info.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.