How do my clients renew their membership? - no renew button

Hi. I have my memberships set to "finite" for 30 days.

When they go to "account details" (before their subscription runs out) to renew, there's no Renew button. Only Upgrade and Unsubscribe. I also tried setting up a Renew page with [renewform] in there but still having the same issue. The wording, on that page, says they can renew... But there's no way to actually do it.
I'm using PayPal Single Payments Gateway

Also, I set Renewal period limit to 30 days

• Patrick

Hi there @ice9design

I hope you're well today!

The answer can be found on page 35 of the Membership manual. Here's what you'll find there:

The setup process of these two plugins (PayPal gateways) are virtually identical with the exception of one button which is the “Renew” button. In Single Payment this is not needed as it will not set up or process subscriptions with Paypal, it will only process a single payment at a time, thus meaning each time your members are due to renew will need to manually process their renewal. Paypal Express Supports Subscriptions.

So the "Renew" button is not available with the Single Payments gateway as there is no subscription set up at PayPal to renew. Basically PayPal is handling the Membership payment as a one-off purchase when you're using that gateway.

The solution then is to use the PayPal standards gateway.

• ice9design

So, I thought I had it all figured out, but apparently not.

Based on some other threads I was in, I did this:

1) Made the gateway Single Payments Paypal
    2) Changed the "Test" subscription to "Serial" instead of "Finite"

Then I signed up for a 1-day test account.

When I went into "Account Details," I got a thing that said my subscription was about to end and that I needed to renew it buy clicking on the "Pay Now" button.

YAY!

So, I went in and made ALL my subscriptions "Serial" instead of "Finite."

And I signed in with a test account that I had previously set up (20 days ago), and that account is unable to renew. So it looks like NEW sign-ups will be able to renew... but previous signups will not?

Is there any way around that?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.