How do we customize the layout of the listings page?

We're not using the built-in theme but our own theme. What files do we edit properly to customize the look and feel of the list of members by category /listings-category/general/ and the layout of the individual member /listing/membername. I have found the file loop-taxonomy.php in the plugins/directory/core/ui-front/general and changes there are reflected on the page but I wanted to make sure I edited the correct files.

Also is there a way to change the taxonomy/custom posts name from listing/listings/listings-category to something like member/members/members-category?

TIA
Rob

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hi @vieodesign

That's fine, you could also just create a page and use the shortcodes as well.
    As far as changing the taxonomy/customs posts name that should be fine if i remember correctly but i will defer to @Arnold to give a concrete yes or no on that one before telling you to go ahead.

Cheers

Tom

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

You can change the Labels section of the custom type, but not the slugs of the types because they are used in the code. You can change the title on the virual pages but should leave theslugs alone.

Your example of "member/members/members-category" is not going to work because of the way Wordpress parses URLs. IU don't think your example of listing/listings/listings-category is going to work either.

The usual parsing for a taxonomy is example.com/listing_category/cat_slug.

If you want to compartmentalize listings by member you'd be better with something like BuddyPress whic already supports members and can display things like listigns for a given member.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.