How Do We Integrate Ultimate Facebook With WP Members Login Widget

Hello All,

We currently use WP Members plugin on a multisite network in order to provide each subsite admin with the ability to constrain users registering and retrieving passwords to their sub sites.

By using the WP Members login widget and WPMUDEV Log Out redirect, users are never redirected to the network login page.

I would like to integrate Ultimate Facebook Log In via Facebook into the WP Member's Login widget.

Is it feasible to make the Ultimate Facebook login via Facebook log in button appear on the WP Members log in widget as it does on the wp network login page?

If so, is this something that can be accomplished by a relatively simple code snippet added to WP-Members log in widget?

Thanks in advance,

Phil D

• PC

Hey there,

Thanks for your post.

If so, is this something that can be accomplished by a relatively simple code snippet added to WP-Members log in widget?

For doing something like that you would need to modify the plugin code and then add the shortcode for facebook login which you can find via Ultimate Facebook >> Shortcodes.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/do_shortcode is how you should go about it.

It would take a bit of testing and experimentation, so make sure you do not try it on a live site.

Please let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

• PC

Hey there Phil,

Thanks for posting back and sorry for delay. I was away and am still catching up.

Ultimate Facebook integrates with the multisite registration process so if the Facebook registration is enabled and site registration is enabled too, it would show up that option however we can hide that using CSS I hope

But on the other side, if we just hide it on the register page, that should do the trick.

Can you tell me what is the current status of the issue so that we can proceed accordingly ? If required I will call Vlad for his expert advice too :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

• SooBahkDo

Hi PC,

To clarify what I am looking for is this:

In our case, users who discover and register on a subsite on the network are not directed thru the network registration page. They are constrained to the subsite during registration, lost paswword recovery, etc. using WP Members configuration.

Most subsite admins on the network DO NOT want new users who are registering on their subsite to be able to create new blogs, they just want them to be able to register on their subsite using Facebook and the Ultimate Facebook plugin does that fine, but we need to be able to turn off (or hide or whatever) the new blog creation fields that appear in the Facebook Connect widget and/or elsewhere on a site by site basis.

CURRENTLY
    If creation of new blogs is disabled network wide, then Ultimate Facebook plugin features only display user registration fields and it does not display the additional fields for new blog creation. That is what we need on many subsites. HOWEVER, we do not want to turn off blog creation network wide to accomplish that.

FEATURE REQUEST
    Rather than a code hack, I would like to see an option setting added in the Ultimate Facebook Plugin network settings that allows the Super Admin to give subsite admins the option to turn on of off the portion of all Ultimate Facebook new registration features that display new blog creation fields. Then, each subsite admin on a network can decide if they want users registering on their subsite to be able to create new blogs or not and the super admin can still leave new blog creation active on the network.

This might also an additional PRO-SITE option that network owners could charge for.

SECOND
    When that feature is integrated, THEN we can figure out how to use it with WP Members.

Thanks,
    Phil D

• PC

Hey there Phil,

Thanks for posting back.

Rather than a code hack, I would like to see an option setting added in the Ultimate Facebook Plugin network settings that allows the Super Admin to give subsite admins the option to turn on of off the portion of all Ultimate Facebook new registration features that display new blog creation fields. Then, each subsite admin on a network can decide if they want users registering on their subsite to be able to create new blogs or not and the super admin can still leave new blog creation active on the network.

This might also an additional PRO-SITE option that network owners could charge for.

This is interesting. Super admin being able to control it would be the best thing. Let me move this to "Features and Feedback" and send this over to Vlad :slight_smile:

Lets see if other people also chime in to vote but you certainly have my +1 on this !

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.