How do you add a sidebar to the right side of your website using Gridmarket?

I have a Grid Market theme website but this theme only always you to have one sidebar on the left side of your website... Are there any codes that allow you to add another sidebar to the right side ?? Or are there any plugins that allow you to add more than one sidebar??

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Bobby,

You can add one more sidebar in the right side of the website by adding the following custom code in the Grid Market child theme that you are using.

Add the following code in the functions.php file of your Grid Market child theme, it will create Right Hand Sidebar in your widgets area where you can add widgets to be displayed in the right hand sidebar.

register_sidebar( array(
        'name'         => __( 'Right Hand Sidebar' ),
        'id'           => 'right-sidebar',
        'description'  => __( 'Widgets in this area will be shown on the right-hand side.' ),
        'before_title' => '<h1>',
        'after_title'  => '</h1>',
    ) );

Add the following code in the style.css file of your Grid Market child theme.

#sidebar.right-sidebar {
    	margin-right: 0;
    	position: absolute;
    	top: 20px;
    	right: 0;
    }

#container #content {
    	width: 480px;
    	margin-right: 245px;
    }

div#container {
    	position: relative;
    }

Add the attached sidebar-right.php file in the root folder of your Grid Market child theme.

Edit the code in the below theme template files as following. If the template file doesn't exist in your Grid Market child theme then copy it from the Framemarket theme and paste it in to the Grid Market child theme.

Theme template files:
    index.php
    single.php

Code to be edited in the above template files:
    Before Editing:
    <?php get_sidebar(); ?>

After Editing:

<?php get_sidebar();
    get_sidebar('right');  ?>

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Bobby

I'm still having problems letting users sign up , sign in using the registration forms and I'm still having problems with letting users post there product using WP Frontend , I've asked multiple people for help and no one could give me a straight answer... I've posted the project for jobs and still nothing... I've spent 200 dollars trying to fix my business the way I want but can no one help me....I was wondering if you could go into my site and fix my major problems for me ???? Or can I message you privately so we can get down to the problem ?? Please respond ASAP

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Bobby,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

Did Vinod's fix above, fix the sidebar issues you were having. We can't actually create the site for you I'm afraid, you'd need a developer for that.

I have just responded to your other thread here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-allow-users-to-upload-and-sell-their-products-on-my-site-while-i-get-a-cut-need-help to clear up the confusion with WP User Front-end. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.