How do you add links to the Meta Widget (global/all sites)

Hello,

Hope you are having a great day.

I noticed that Rebrand Meta Widget changes one of the default links. How do you add links to the Meta Widget so the links appear in the Meta Widget on all sites in a Multi Site by default? If it is possible is it sound practice? I know Footer Content allows something similar but I'm interested in the Meta Widget.

It would be neat if there was an FAQ section (ie. 30 most frequently asked questions) for each plug-in and theme with step by steps instructions. It would take a while to compile; but it might save staff some time. Google searches are invaluable but I wonder how many are unfruitful based on my poor query phrasing and or poor matching based on phrasing inside the posts. It is difficult sometimes to come up with good queries when you don't understand the problem or know the proper names of things/ processes. FAQ often teach you things you did not know you needed to learn.

Thank you.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @wpmu@dm1n, I am doing well today, hope you are too! :slight_smile:

In regards to your question here:

I noticed that Rebrand Meta Widget changes one of the default links. How do you add links to the Meta Widget so the links appear in the Meta Widget on all sites in a Multi Site by default? If it is possible is it sound practice? I know Footer Content allows something similar but I'm interested in the Meta Widget.

We actually remove the default Meta widget that WordPress uses, and then register our own custom Meta widget, as that's what's required presently to change the Meta widget like this. You can see how we do this by looking inside this file:

/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/rebranded-meta-widget.php

If you're wanting to add to that widget, you'll need to edit that file manually (which would mean that the changes would need to be re-applied on each update to the plugin, seeing as we're editing the plugin directly).

As for your idea for an FAQ file, we do have one for our Appointments+ plugin already, but adding one to the rest of our plugins is something that I could bring up to the rest of the team here. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.