How do you add additional menu locations?

How do you add additional menu locations to an Upfront theme?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello David , hope you're doing well!

Thank you for your question!

You can just drag and drop the menu element anywhere on your site to add a menu.

Once the menu element is placed inside a region, you can create a new menu or select existing menu

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,

Nastia

• David
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I know how to do that. But I am using a megamenu plugin that needs to be assigned to a “location”. And the Upfront theme only uses one location called “Default”. I need additional menu locations. Is there a way to add some code to the functions.php file to add another menu location?

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hey there David,

I trust you’re well :slight_smile:

You can create an empty child theme using the Upfront Builder plugin (https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/upfront-builder/#usage).

You need to go to Upfront -> Builder, under Build New Theme choose a name for your theme and click Start Building.

You can take a look at the doc page for more details on using the Builder:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/upfront-and-themes/using-the-upfront-builder/

As a side note, I’m not sure if your mega menu plugin (I’m guessing Max Mega Menu, right?) will work with Upfront, since it hasn’t been extensively tested for compatibility.

If the plugin offers shortcodes, you can try to implement this using the Widgets element from the Draggable Elements menu to the left.

Then click on Settings and select Text from the Select Widget dropdown. You can then add your shortcode within the Content box.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Denitsa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.