How do you assign staff members?

Where in the world do you set staff members? I see that "staff member" is unassigned for each support ticket. I don't get any notifications either... probably because the tickets aren't assigned to me.

Please advise... where do I assign staff members?

• aecnu

Greetings epkhosting,

Where in the world do you set staff members? I see that "staff member" is unassigned for each support ticket. I don't get any notifications either... probably because the tickets aren't assigned to me.

Please advise... where do I assign staff members?

This is a little bit different then what you may be traditionally be used to.

With the Support System plugin it would be more accurately described as "who is responsible" for a ticket which in turn indicates which staff member is taking care of the support ticket.

Logged into the network admin dashboard go to --> Support --> Support and then you will see a listing of the tickets and who the staff member is in charge of the ticket. For those that say "unassigned" as you have mentioned above indicates that at the moment no staff member has taken responsibility for the ticket.

Now click on the ticket title. The ticket opens up and shows a lot of information about the ticket.

Now scroll down to the category "Update This Ticket" and scroll a little further down to the title Ticket Responsibility.

This is where the admin logged into the system, whomever it is, assumes responsibility for the ticket and it will then show in the previous screen that this is the staff member associated to this ticket.

There is also an option to dis-associate or no longer take responsibility for a ticket screen shot below and an additional option which is not shown to "Keep current Admin and just help out with a reply"

Once a reply to the ticket has been entered and the current admin clicks "Update Ticket" the applicable action is taken and the screen listing the tickets appropriately reflects this action.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe