How do you cancel your membership?

I just signed up today and it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to use all the plug-ins that I thought I would be able to...

There seems to be incompatibility with my theme, and I am not an advanced user of WP. This has been about 5 hours of frustration on my part and I don't have this time to spend on these technical issues. I needed more of a plug and play, not plug and then try to figure out where the issue is so that your technical support can tell me it's my fault.

Thanks.

• janet_louise_stephenson
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I took off the Google Calendar aspect of the Appointments+ plugin, and it seems to be working alright now.

I wish it was compatible, but if this is as good as it gets, I'll be ok.

If there is a way for Forums to be installed on a single install of WP, I'll apologize for my former message about 45 minutes ago. I've been at the computer for several hours and I'm grumpy from not making much progress.

Sorry. Please. And Thank You.

:slight_smile:

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @janet_louise_stephenson

Sorry to hear of the problems you've been having.

Is it this forums plugin you would like to install?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/forums/

That should work fine on a single install of WordPress, I'll just test it out for you, give me about 20 minutes to set-up a test install.

Do you have any other threads open that I could help with?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi again @janet_louise_stephenson

Just tested the forums plugin on a single install of WordPress and it worked like a charm! You can see the test here http://www.coding-monkey.com/atest/test-forum/
    (ignore the colours, I always go with strange colour choices when testing) :slight_smile:

Also on any plugin page, you'll notice at the right hand side, there's a part that says "Compatibility" I've attached a screen shot :slight_smile: Let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@janet_louise_stephenson

Hi Janet first off welcome to WPMU DEV

Hi there, it seems like jack has you covered at least on the forums question if we are indeed talking about the forums plugin. If you are talking about forums ion general like this one then you could consider BuddyPress and BBPress.
    The google calendar part of the problem could you please describe what was happening so we can try and fix that up for you?

Cheers

Tom

Hi there, Jack and Tom.

Thanks for responding to me... I have been really frustrated, but I'm still hopeful.

On the Forums plugin, there doesn't seem to be documentation for how to set it up if it's a single install. I can see how to do it on the multi-site, but where do I active it on my individual site?

As for the Appointments+ and Google Calendar, AAAAACK. It's exasperating. If I leave Google completely alone, then the plugin works fine. If I try to have either the button show, or the api integration, then I get errors when I try to load the page - and it won't even show up on Firefox or IE. I took the private key out of the settings, and unchecked the boxes, and then the plugin is fine...

That's as far as I made it with that one.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Topics are added from the front-end so visit this page http://www.butterfly-maiden.com/forum/ and if your logged in, you should see the option to add a topic, are you using a membership plugin at all?

User would register in the standard WordPress way (unless you have a membership plugin installed) A user can add a new topic by clicking "New" next to topics, or add a button with the new topic URL, mine is http://www.coding-monkey.com/atest/test-forum/?action=new_topic&fid=1 (note: don't use that URL that's for my test site :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi again @janet_louise_stephenson

Sorry couldn't see that as I wasn't registered, just registered and can see that it's just looping back to the same page.

There's also two 404 errors for stylepickers not found front end in firebug.

Could you tell me your host.

If your using a CDN (Content delivery network) such as Amazon S3.

If you have any caching plugins installed, would it also be possible if you could upgrade me to an Admin so I can check the settings.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

Hi Jack,

Upgraded you to Admin just now.

I have no idea why there would be 404 errors on those things that you mentioned. I don't even know what they are. (?)

Dreamhost, and I'm not using a CDN. I do have the cloud flare through Dreamhost. I hope this helps, I appreciate your help!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Thanks, I've just logged in, the settings look fine, but I think the problem is with either WP Super Cache, or OSE firewall, could you clear the cache, log out, clear your cookies and browser cache and then see if it works?
    if it doesn't could you disable both WP super cache and OSE firewall and then see if it works.

Them errors are to do with the built in theme customizer part of the WordPress API, I'll look into why them errors are there.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

Hi Jack!

I hope we are getting close, it's starting to feel elusive. :wink:

I turned off WP Super Cache, OSE firewall, cleared the cache and cookies, logged out.... and I still can't get a Forum topic to start.

Also, on the Registration page, it keeps looping back, in a similar fashion: http://butterfly-maiden.com/register

Thanks for your help... I'll keep plugging away on my end to see if I can help make it work.

Janet

Jack, I've also got an issue with the Appointments+ plugin.

Google Calendar was giving me fits, so I checked 'No' to both options for the button or the API call... and it's still showing me random, intermittent errors when I navigate through the site - all surround the OAuth2 something or other.

I've left all of the credentials inside of the plugin.... would really like these things to work out for me, it could be a really great combination!

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Google_AuthException' with message 'Error refreshing the OAuth2 token, message: '{ "error" : "invalid_grant" }'' in /home/janste16/butterfly-maiden.com/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/gcal/auth/Google_OAuth2.php:280 Stack trace: #0 /home/janste16/butterfly-maiden.com/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/gcal/auth/Google_OAuth2.php(257): Google_OAuth2->refreshTokenRequest(Array) #1 /home/janste16/butterfly-maiden.com/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/gcal/auth/Google_OAuth2.php(210): Google_OAuth2->refreshTokenWithAssertion() #2 /home/janste16/butterfly-maiden.com/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/gcal/service/Google_ServiceResource.php(167): Google_OAuth2->sign(Object(Google_HttpRequest)) #3 /home/janste16/butterfly-maiden.com/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/gcal/contrib/Google_CalendarService.php(569): Google_ServiceResource->__call('list', Array) #4 /home/janste16/butterfly-maiden.com/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/class.gcal.php(1082): Goo in /home/janste16/butterfly-maiden.com/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/gcal/auth/Google_OAuth2.php on line 280

I took care of the last message with the OAuth error. :slight_smile:

Still having a problem with the Google Calendar. When I go to Test Connection, the error says:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/janste16/butterfly-maiden.com/wp-admin/includes/template.php:1642) in /home/janste16/butterfly-maiden.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 876

However, I've left the plugin up and running still and it will do some things... it sends confirmation emails, and it recognizes my google calendar - But here are some things it won't do:

- Allow the user to pick from a different service. It always shows up as the same kind.
    - Sync with my Google Calendar and input the apptmts that are being set through the plugin into Google.

Halp!

Thank you, Tom. I went ahead and posted similar information on that thread, as well.

Thus far, Hakan has not been very helpful with any of these issues, which is why I was continuing to post on one thread where the response (thank you, Jack) has been much more helpful towards resolving my problems....

Although, I am still experiencing enough frustration with this, that I am considering just cancelling my membership. The main plugins I want to use on my site are not working well for me just yet. :slight_frown:

I'm going to work on this over the weekend, but that's all the time I can dedicate to this before I need to move on to a solution that will actually work for me.

Thanks for your help.

HI Jack,

To my knowledge, I don't have an .htaccess file. I just read here: http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Htaccess_file_overview that I could create one. But, I have no idea why I would do that, or if one was ever created. When I look through my ftp files, I don't see one.

As for the forum, I will turn it back on tonight or tomorrow and let you know with a post here. I am looking at replacing the theme (even though I really didn't want to) and I have hope that some of the issues I have encountered will clear up from that change, alone.

I'll come back to report asap.

thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.