How do you change the wording "Post a Job"?

Hi,
On Jobs and Experts, the four main menu items, Browse Jobs, Browse Experts, Post a Job and Add an Expert seems to have an i consistency in wording on the pages they go to. The first two, browse Experts and Jobs is good, clicking on either gives pages saying Experts and Jobs. When you click on Post a Job the next page has Add a Job. When you click on Add an Expert the page says Add a Expert. I would like to please change Post a Job and Add an Expert to be the same, like calling them both Add a Job and Add an Expert, and the next pages word the same. Or at the least change the Add a Expert page to Add an Expert, and change Add a Job and Post a job to be the same thing on the menu and next page.
What is the easiest way to change the wording on the menu names and/or the wording on the page it goes to?
thank you!

• Ivan

Hey there Aurelio,

Hope you are well and thanks for the question!

You should be able to use UltimateBranding.

Just install it as any other plugin, then go to
    WP Admin -> Branding
    And you should see on the right list with the available modules, enable "Network Wide Text Change ".

Then go to: WP Admin -> Branding -> Text Change
    And there you can add the phrases you want changed, and choose if you want them to be changed in the frontend, backend or both.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Ivan

• Aurelio

Hi Ivan!
      Thank you for this. I didn't realize how powerful the Branding plugin was.
      This totally helps with the button text. When I click the buttons, they go to virtual pages and that wording does not seem consistent with the button names. Do you know how I would change that?
      For example, on the Add an Expert page, the url and title of the page is "Add a Expert" instead of "Add an Expert".
      This works perfect for customizing the button names. Do you know how we would match up the wording on the virtual page, like here, where the wording says "Add a Expert"?
      Thank you!

• Zeke

Aurelio, if you have only a few changes to make, another way to accomplish this would be to change the button text with the J&E shortcodes. You can go to Jobs > Settings > Shortcodes to see available variables.

If you have NOT activated J&E pages, you are using virtual pages for most J&E UI...you can locate the virtual pages at the top left corner of the list view of 'Manage' Jobs' for example.

On the 'Jobs' virtual page for example, you should see the button shortcodes...change the title like this:

[jbp-job-browse-btn text="Browse All Jobs"]

• Aurelio

Hi billc108.
    I was just wondering abut the *.po files for this part. This one could need a combination of methods, as the methods Ivan and Zeke gave me were good knowledge over the buttons but I couldn't get that page title to change.
    Re: the *.po file in the languages folder, is that a "safe" edit that won't get over-written by updates?
    I don't actually see the phrase "Add a expert", so I am wondering if that page title is coming from the "Add a %s" and "add-a-%s" source texts.
    I opened it up with po-edit, saved and compiled the .mo, and don't see any change so I will play for a bit, but I am wondering if these changes will be stable.
    Thank you!!

• Aurelio

This is all amazing and useful knowledge, to tweak things.
    I wonder if the main issue should be fixed at the plugin level? Technically, "Add a expert" is wrong, it should be "Add an expert".
    A friend of mine is a language expert helping with proofing and possible translations, and I would not have noticed, but now that I do it seems a little unprofessional.
    If the wording of the links and page title can be fixed, to "Add an Expert" instead of "Add a Expert" I can now use this knowledge to change the button to match.
    If that code is too hard, to know when "A" or "An" is appropriate, maybe if I can get it to be just "Add Expert" or "Add Job"?..

• billc108

"I am wondering if that page title is coming from the "Add a %s" and "add-a-%s" source texts."

Probably. Fortunately for me, I changed "experts" to "workers", so I was able to get around that.

For the button text, you can add to the shortcode [jbp-expert-profile-btn text="Add An Expert"] or whatever your preferred text is.

if you're using the virtual pages, go to Experts => Manage Experts and at the top you'll notice All, Published, and Virtual. There you can change page titles, add text to the buttons and the page, etc. Similar for Jobs => Manage Jobs.

BTW, you can also point the shortcodes to different URLs if needed by adding [jbp-expert-profile-btn url="http://my.new.url" ]

• Aurelio

WooHoo!
    That was it, under virtual pages. I didn't see any Experts pages when I looked under Experts settings and missed the Virtual pages section, though Zeke mentioned that and told me how to find it too! I learned a few ways to change things cool.
    For the virtual page I was just editing the shortcodes in the main Jobs & Experts page and hadn't went to the actual Virtual Pages section :slight_smile:.
    Thank you guys all for the knowledge, patience and help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.