How do you charge clients for regular plugin updating and testing services for the sites

Asking you & the community here, how do you structure a service for clients you build a wordpress based site for to do their plugin updates and testing? Thanks!

• Ash

Hello @jsegal

I hope you are doing good and thanks for asking the question.

We don't do any custom job, so we don't charge to our members for customization. Our members only pay for the membership, nothing else :slight_smile:

That being said, I am not pretty sure what is standard charges in this cases. But what I think you can is to charge hourly. Like you work at $X per hour and you will need 4 hours to do something, then charge the member $4X amount.

I am also open for other member's suggestions who have better experience on this.

Have an awesome day!

Cheers
    Ash

• Daniel

I think Ash is correct on this one. The range of changes that a client could need are too wide to fit a one-solution answer.

If you can come up with a list of standard procedures that you think you will perform for clients, it would be wise to build a catalogue of prices for them. Those prices should be based on $/hr, but you don't always have to disclose the number of hours.

If you have clients who like a lot of changes, it's probably best to quote them a $/hr rate and keep detailed timecards along with a pre-work estimate (but not a firm all-in price).

It's a matter of knowing your client and knowing how quickly you work.

Best,
    Dan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.