How do you insert a Hustle Opt-in into a page?

Is there shortcode?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Anna Sue,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Since you are aiming to use show a popup on your home page there's no need to use a shortcode there. The "PopUP" is enabled and set to be shown on "Home" page so that would suffice and should work.

I did notice however that the site generates some errors in a console related to one of the JavaScript libraries that Hustle makes use of. This suggests that there's a conflict that prevents that from working so please conduct a full theme/plugin conflict test.

To do this follow the steps outlined on a flowchart in this article (you may need to scroll down the page a bit):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

At some point during the test the popup should start showing up with current Hustle configuration and this would tell us if the theme or any of the plugins (and which one) is conflicting here and I'd then dig deeper.

Let me know about test result please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Anna Sue
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Is there something I need to "run" in order to do a conflict test? When I was trying to set up the opt-in, I changed some of the settings about which pages to display it on and which to not show it on. Would that affect it? I indicated I wanted it on the Home page and 2 others.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Anna Sue!

Is there something I need to "run" in order to do a conflict test?

No, just follow the steps described on a chart inside this article please:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Basically, the procedure is as follows:

1. Make sure that your WordPress, the theme that you are using and all the plugins are up to date
    2. Disable all the plugins (except the Hustle)
    3. If it does work now, start enabling plugins one by one checking if Hustle popup shows up after each enabled plugin; do this until it stops working;

The last plugin that you enabled will be the one that's causing conflict.

4. If Hustle didn't start to work after disabling all plugins (except itself), switch your theme to Twenty Fifteen or Twenty Sixteen theme and see if that helped;

If it did, we will know that the theme that you are currently using is the main culprit. If it doesn't I'll investigate it further.

When I was trying to set up the opt-in, I changed some of the settings about which pages to display it on and which to not show it on. Would that affect it? I indicated I wanted it on the Home page and 2 others.

The setup looks fine. That's why I'm suspecting aforementioned conflict and the test should help us find out what's causing it.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Anna Sue!

One other question: is there a way to make the user set a password so he can then post to the blog?

The Hustle is a plugin for capturing leads and it doesn't include any registration feature. WordPress does include registration by default so you may simply ask your users to register on "/wp-login.php" page and then grant them a role higher than subscriber (because subscriber doesn't allow adding posts). If you need more assistance with that please start a separate thread on our support forum here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Getting back to initial issue though. You mentioned that at one time it started working. I accessed your site with both Chrome and Firefox and both as a vistor (not logged user) and admin (using support access) and I don't see the popup there. So I went back to your site and disabled the NextGen gallery for a minute and it seems that it is actually the NextGen gallery that's interfering.

With NextGen disabled I got all the opt ins on the page. On homepage I got two popups and the "embeded" one. That's a different story though so let's first focus on making it work :slight_smile:

We now know that it is the NextGen that's braking Hustle performance. We (me and my colleagues here) have just tested it on our test setups and it seems we got an unexpected bug here that needs to be fixed.

That said, I have already reported this to our developers and hopefully they'll be able to release the fix in no time. I'm not able to give you an ETA though so please make sure that you are keeping Hustle up to date and also please keep an eye on this thread in case I had further information for you before a fix is released.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Anna Sue
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

So, if you can't predict an ETA for the fix, does that mean I need to try different gallery plugin or wait? I searched hard and long and tried many gallery plugins before I settled on NextGen. I have to have one that displays images much like http://www.getegohelpnow.org/wp/ - click on media.

The problem is that I need to specify how many thumbnails per line. One publication might have just a book cover and then a single page (2 graphics). Then the next might have a magazine cover and 2 pages (images). Then there are some that have a magazine cover and 3 pages (images). I also need a plugin that allows for captions.

The solution for this with NextGen was to make separate galleries for each publication, then list them in an album. However, I cannot get support to tell me how to insert an album to a page. There doesn't seem to be any shortcode.

I need a solution fairly soon.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Anna Sue!

The "WP Canvas Gallery" and other gallery plugins mentioned in the article are not our plugins so they are not included in WPMU DEV Dashboard. You can find them by going to the "Plugins -> Add new" page of your site and searching there. You can download plugin directly from wordpress.org plugins repository as well. For example, the "WP Canvas Gallery" can be found here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wc-gallery/

I have also checked the WP Canvas Gallery plugin on my site and it seems to play well with Hustle: popups and other opt-ins seem to be working fine with it.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.