How do you know the multi DB is installed?

I know this sounds rather silly but i have followed all the steps and i get the finished global tables all nice and green as per the screenshot in the installation instructions, but when i try and network activate it i get error on line 105 db.php then the site just crashes..... i rename the multi db plugin folder to multi dbold and then rename it and its all happy......is it supposed to be network activated as this is not in the instructions...

thanks dudes in advanced, sorry if it sounds a bit silly :_)

• Barry

i get error on line 105 db.php then the site just crashes

What's the error you get?

i rename the multi db plugin folder to multi dbold and then rename it and its all happy......is it supposed to be network activated as this is not in the instructions...

There shouldn't be a multi-db plugin folder. If you have one in the plugins directory and you are trying to activate the plugin via the WordPress admin plugins page then, I'm afraid, you haven't followed the instructions to install the plugin in the correct location.

You need to follow all the steps here - https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/multi-db/installation/
    Namely:

Upload both the db.php and db-config.php files to your wp-content directory.

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.