How do you make multi hour appointmnent available in Appointments+

I am trying to make Appointments+ be a reservation system for 2 conference rooms we have for rent, but it seems like it is impossible to have clients book a room for multiple consecutive hours... only 1 at a time. It is very inconvenient. Is there a way to make it work?
Thank You

• aecnu

Greetings sashabogi,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Thank you for the great question and this is dependent on the time you have set up for the service itself i.e. one hour, two hours etc. and needs to be adjusted as applicable possibly creating several time slots of varying length.

As the previous lead developer pointed out that this plugin was more of a service related plugin then a bookings plugin which was/is indeed in development - but we do try to help this one work for bookings as well and that is what we have here i.e. booking the conference rooms for rent.

With that said perhaps a plugin like the Booking Calendar Contact Form plugin ~or~ the Booking Calendar plugin would be a better match to this project.

In any event let us know how it goes and what plan you chose to pursue.

Have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• pxwm

Hi,

The solution may be a bit clunky but as an interim you may wish to try the following:-

1. If you only want the room(s) to be booked on the hour then set the timebase to 60 mins. If you want the room to be able to be booked on the hour and half hour then set the timebase to 30 mins
    2. Then create a number of services for each room. e.g. roomA - 1hr, roomA - 2hrs, room A - 3hrs etc and then the same for roomB etc
    3. Then create a Service Provider called RoomA, RoomB etc
    4. Then assign the relevant services to each Service Provider.
    5. Then set the working hours for each Service provider based on the start and end times the room can be booked.

This way each room could be booked based on selecting the Service then selecting the Service Provider.

e.g. RoomA is being booked for 2hrs so select Service roomA - 2hrs and then select Service Provider called RoomA

Hope this helps

Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.