How do you make two access levels merge

Why does membership allow the adding of new access levels in the All Members tab, but it does not merge the access? I.e.

Member type A has access to page A
Member type B has access to page B

So the logic should be that when you ADD member type B to Member type A user that user should now access both Page A and B? Right? But it doesn't.? Only has access to Page A

• PC

Hello @chaoswebs

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

That is how it works to keep things simple and not to mix up access.

A user can be on multiple subscription plans and you can assign multiple access levels from the backend. If the user is not getting access, make sure that you have not put the Page B in negative Rules for Members Type A.

Coz if its in negative rules in one level and positive rules in other level, the rules will not work if both the levels are assigned to same user.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• chaoswebs

Hi... Thanks for the response. However, this doesn't appear to be the case? I'm not using negative rules, only positive rules?
    I.e.
    I have setup these access levels with positive rules only

Member Type A only has access to Menu item A
    Member Type B only has access to Menu item B

Then comes along user Fred who picks up Member Type A via subscription, and then Ii assign Member Type B in admin as Fred needs both menu items, but only Member Type A access is working... so the two access levels don't merge?

• PC

Hiya,

I am gonna need to have a look at your site to see what is going on there.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.