How do you remove "Pro Site" link

How do you remove "Pro Site" link from the main navigation. I have multi-site installed using buddy press. When i activate the Pro Sites plugin I'm getting a link on the main navigation of my theme. I found it is a page that was created by the Pro Site plugin. The page does show up on pages in the admin area. It is automatically going to the navigation. I'm using BuddyPress Community theme. This link remains when logged in or out. I've tried moving it. I made it a child link to my Community link. When I was logged in it showed as such. When I logged out it went back to the main navigation and no longer a child to the Community link. I even deleted it but then there is no upgrade page which is needed.

I've tried every thing I can think of including deleting the blog it was on, deleting the pro site plug in, going to my database and optimizing to clear all info on blog and Pro site Plug In. Did a ipconfig flush and cleaned old all Internet files on Firefox and Chrome.

I then reinstalled Pro site, did some settings changes, added a new blog and still have the same problem.

I eliminated all problems between deletes and reinstall. Can any body give me instructions to fix this problem? Please make the fix instructions complete. Please read the beginning of this post again if you don't understand.

Thank You

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dapadoo,

Thank you for the question and though we can custom code it out whenever you update it will be over written and back.

Have you tried using the Ultimate Branding plugin? Specifically the Network Wide Text Change module?

After activation of the module, logged into the network admin dashboard go to --> Branding --> Text change --> Find this text ... enter the text "Pro Site"

Next in the line replace with add what you want to change it to or a space for nothing.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

• dapadoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

As I said in the in my post, "I want to remove it" not rename it. I know how to using ultimate branding and if I wanted to "RENAME IT" I would have. All you need to say is it needed to be custom coded.

What file needs changed and I'll do it. In the theme or the plugin.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dapadoo,

Thank you for your feedback and additional input and indeed one can remove something by virtue of not entering any text using the module I described.

But there is indeed an easier way I over looked before - logged into the network admin dashboard go to --> Pro Sites --> Settings --> The third item down Hide Admin Bar Button which is supposed to remove the Pro Sites upgrade menu button from the admin bar

Let me know how it goes and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

• dapadoo
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I know about the admin bar. I want to remove the link from the the navigation on the public site. Only way I can see is editing the plugin but I have no clue which of the many files I need to edit.

Any one know which file I need to edit in the Pro Site plugin to remove the link for Pro Sites on the public navigation of the site?

• Fox Jones
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

If I understand correctly, it sounds like you're using the default auto-generated menu in the main nav of your theme.

Have you tried creating a custom Menu for your main nav instead of the default auto-generated nav?

Visit Appearance > Menus and create a menu, add some items to it, and then select that Menu as the primary nav for your theme.

If that doesn't work, could you include a link or screenshot so I can get a better idea of where it's showing up and where it's coming from?

- fox

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.