How do you set Appointment+ to only do Appointments by the day

I have helped install the Appointments+ on a clients site, (actually its a local government home owners association site). The only use of the Appointment is to schedule the Clubhouse.

There is NO charge for making a reservation for the club house, and it can only be reserved by the calendar day. No specific times during the day. Just by the day.

If you visit this page (a test page) http://www.nwhcmud19.org/make-an-appointment/?preview=true&preview_id=90&preview_nonce=0f3983342a&app_service_id=1
It shows, for some reason, two times 9:00am & 9:00pm as two separate times that you can reserve the Club house. So there should be only one "time" as its a all day rental (not sure what time to show).

We have the Time base (minutes) set to 720 (24hrs) to reflect all day rental, and the Additional Time base (minutes) is also set to 720.

I have made a screen shot of Appointments > Settings > Tabs
'General'
'Working Hours'
'Services'
'Service Providers'

So you can see how things are set up.
Can you let us know what we are doing wrong?

Thanks for the help!

Roy

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Roy,

I hope you are well today, and thank you for the screenshots,

Taking a look at what you have setup here it should be working without a problem, I'm going to see if the lead developer can provide some clarification on why this isn't working here, one thing, when does the day start? As it can't over into another day, so for example, if it was 9:00-9:00 but that was 24hrs and went from a Wednesday to Thursday.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Roy

Hi Jack

Doing well. Just trying to help a client out with the Appointment+. :slight_smile:
    (The client set this up and just FYI, here is the email she sent over to me)
    ========== EMAIL FROM CLIENT ====================
    I have exhausted all my resources/tutorials/blogs, etc in trying to get the Appointments feature active on our web site. Can you help? It seems to be all set up. I made an appointment and received the following email confirmation. But it doesn't show up on the web site! What am I missing???

And do you have any hints as to how to fix it to reserve the clubhouse for the day. Everything seems to be in 30 minute increments but we really just rent by the day. It looks a little messy and I don't want all those choices to show up to the homeowners...

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!
    =========== END EMAIL FROM CLIENT =======================

The client must have worked on it some more since emailing me that email yesterday evening. As now I only see the 9 am and 9 pm.

Not sure if the original "Working Hours" screen shot was attached or not, but its attached here to this reply.

As you can see in the screen shot the client has all Working Hours set from Start 12:00AM End 12:00 PM Which in my book is just 12 hours.
    And the Break Hours are set to Give break? set to NO. If it matters after that the Start / End time is 12:00 PM END 12:00 PM.

I also noticed that the Start / End time only has two choices of either 12:00 am & 12:00 pm, I would think one would want something like End time of say 11:59 pm.>>>>> See the screen shot Working-Hours-Tab.png
    NOTE: I noticed as seen in the screen shot I noticed after taking the screen shot that "no specific provider" was listed. I since changed that to the user "Manager" which is "Amy Rush" and is showing as the service provider now, but it really should be "NW Harris County Mud 19" but that is a user naming issue I guess.

Here is something else, I am sure client was trying to figure out how to display the appointment capability to the home owners, as she has several pages created

http://www.nwhcmud19.org/community-park/clubhouse-reservations/
    (Above is a child page of the "/community-park" page)

Then three of the same pages all named "Make an Appointment"
    http://www.nwhcmud19.org/make-an-appointment/

http://www.nwhcmud19.org/make-an-appointment-2/

http://www.nwhcmud19.org/make-an-appointment-3/

NOTE: On those pages, I see now that the "time available" is now showing "12:00 AM" instead of 9:00 am and 9:00 pm that is was before.

I hope that the additional information is helpful.

If you need a temporary Admin User login let me know and I will get that set up.

Summary - Client is trying to get it where there is only one option time wise, to rent the Club House on a 24 our basis. While 12:00 am is showing as a time with 720 minutes appointment times it would be nice to have it say something else for 24 hour rentals based on calendar day 24 hour period, would be a little less confusing I would belief.

Thanks for helping to get this all worked out for my client.

~ Roy

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there Roy,

i hope you are well today.

Thank you for all the extra information, yes how the hours are currently should be 24hrs I believe, as 12am till 12pm is 24hrs, but it appears that they aren't showing in that way?

With regards to the appointment not confirming through, do they have auto confirmation set to "Yes"? If not, the appointment will go into their pending and by default a pending appointment would be removed after 30 minutes, but this can of course be increased.

I've taken a look at the URL's but it appears the plugin is deactivated?

If you would like to activate and set me up with some admin details, I'll be more than happy to assist with this :slight_smile:

The details can be sent via our contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

If you could choose the "I have a different question" and in the subject put: FAO: Jack

I'd love to help you get this issue resolved and I have also notified the lead developer of this thread :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• pxwm

Hi Roy,

Could I suggest the reason it is showing two times in the day is that 720 mins is only 12 hrs.

I appreciate you may only want to book for 12 hrs so I've made a couple of suggestions.

Suggestion 1
    Try changing the time base and additional time base to 1440 mins and saving.

You may get a message at the top stating that is a service conflict.

Then go to the 'Service' tab and the service you have setup should indicate 1440.
    If it does just save the changes.

If not then select 1440 from the dropdown and save.

However this will show a time of 12:00 am as the only available time to book.

Suggestion 2
    If you want to show say 9:00 am as the only time to book the room then set the base time and additional time to 720 (12hrs)
    Then set the working hours of the service provider to 9:00 am to 9:00 pm
    Then set the service to 720 and this should work.

I've checked on my demo site and it seems to work.

Hope this helps

Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.