How do you style the google maps?

I need a specific style to match my theme for the google maps. How do I incorporate like a change in color of fonts such as the texts that comes up when you want directions including placement of this info or slides for the neighboring areas? I'm not a developer, so, kindly be specific in your instructions. Thanks.
URL:http://dmd.com.ph/dmdwestgate/our-location/
I will submit a screenshot of what I need to do for better understanding. Thanks.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Jean,

Hope you're weekend's going well :slight_smile:

We should be able to change this with some custom CSS.

Can you add this to your custom CSS field or child theme:

.adp-step, .adp-substep {
    color: #fff !important;
    }

If you don't have a custom stylesheet then can you install this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Let me know if that helps :slight_smile:

Look forward to your reply!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Jean

Hi to Ari and Tyler! Thank you both for responding. I followed your advice Ari and plan to leave it alone especially since I just dabble into this to maintain my own sites. It is just too complicated sometimes and CSS is a challenge to understand.

To Tyler, thank you for the assist. It works and for now that's the most important thing especially since the theme runs in ajax and according to elegant theme support the theme I've chosen doesn't work like a typical web pages. They have been very nice in assisting me as well as you all in the WPMUdev.

I must say after 4 years of just learning website development, it has been an interesting journey. Cost me a lot of money to learn but you and elegant themes are one of the sites I will highly recommend for support for novice like me who just for some reason enjoys creating websites and started with zero know-how. Thanks again.

• aristath

Hello again Jean!

I followed your advice Ari and plan to leave it alone especially since I just dabble into this to maintain my own sites. It is just too complicated sometimes and CSS is a challenge to understand.

Well, if it was doable using CSS we'd be able to help... However this modification will require rewriting a lot of the plugin's PHP, that's why I recommend against doing it. :slight_smile:

It works and for now that's the most important thing especially since the theme runs in ajax and according to elegant theme support the theme I've chosen doesn't work like a typical web pages.

Yeah... Ajax themes can be tricky sometimes. They are a relatively new concept and not everything is compatible with the way they work yet. Hopefully that will change soon!

I must say after 4 years of just learning website development, it has been an interesting journey. Cost me a lot of money to learn but you and elegant themes are one of the sites I will highly recommend for support for novice like me who just for some reason enjoys creating websites and started with zero know-how.

I'm really glad to hear that!
    As you said, web development is a journey. A long and never-ending journey because things change and evolve every day! It does keep us on high alert to keep up but it's certainly worth it!
    If you need any further assistance don't hesitate to let us know and we'll do our best to help out!

Take care,
    Ari.