how do you upgrade marketpress lite

how do you upgrade marketpress lite to marketpress full edition? I get an error when activating the full edition plug in:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class MarketPress_Shopping_Cart in /homepages/26/d377220475/htdocs/classic cufflinks/wordpress-3.3.2/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php on line 6698

• mcdaniel_bill
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for the response - I have tons of products and order data in the lite version; and my whole site config. Will that data survive if I remove the lite version? And by remove do you mean just deactivate the lite plugin? should I export or backup, deactivate lite, install full, import, or something like that? Just can't loose that data, you know?! TY,

:Bill

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

Ya, you can just deactivate if you wish.

Or you can log in with FTP and delete the lite version totally.

Your data should be fine. They are essentially the same plugin except one is more powerful than the other.

You should always backup your data when making changes to your site, or at least do this within a sandbox install (test site). Then if anything every does go wrong, you have a fall back.

I run backups daily at the moment with the exception of my sandbox installs because I often nuke em and start again, then if anything goes wrong I know I can just restore.

Take care.

• mcdaniel_bill
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the reassurance on the plan - I ended up just disabling the lite version and activating the full version - all data and content were A-O-K. I did a simple manual export of all posts and pages prior to disabling just in case. Easy as pie - Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.