How do you use Protected Content shortcodes to protect sections of content?

I would like to use the Protected Content membership shortcodes to protect specific areas of a web page for different levels of membership.

There do not appear to be any instructions available for how to use the shortcodes. Please can you explain how to use them?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Kristy,

Hope you're doing well today!

You can protect sections of content with the shortcodes like this:

[ms-protect-content id="82"]Protected content goes here[/ms-protect-content]

Just like that :slight_smile: notice you don't need the id in the closing shortcode.

You can find the membership shortcode for each membership via:

Protected Content > Memberships.

Make sure you also go to:

Protected Content > Add-ons and turn on the shortcode protection add-on :slight_smile:

Hope this helps! Let us know if you need any further assistance Kirsty!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Kirsty

Hi Tyler,

Many thanks for this - that helps enormously. I wasn't removing the id="X" from the shortcode, so that was the problem!

I have one more related question...

By default, the hidden content shows as "Content is restricted to: Membership level Name".

I have found where I can replace this message, but really, I don't want to show it at all. I have added a couple of spaces in the message field so that no text appears, but this means there are big gaps on the page where sections of content are hidden. I'd like to get rid of these gaps.

I hope that makes sense?

Thanks,

Kirsty

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.