How does a user become an affiliate ?

How does a user become an affiliate. Currently my site does not require a person to be a user to visit.

Do i have to send them an invitation ?

Can i manually make a person an affiliate ?

• WebDoc

Marcus,

It depends on how you set up your site and if you allow member registrations but you could set it up to where anyone could sign up to be an affiliate.

There is supposed to be an affiliates menu on members dashboard but I couldn't find it myself. I found it easier to create a page using shortcodes and members can enable affiliates link and have access to set their individual settings.

Webvyne.com/affiliates

Best regards,
    David

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Marcus

I hope you are well today, as David said, the best way would be to use the shortcodes (which I have pasted below for you), to have your affiliate panel front-end for a user to become an affiliate, out of the box they would be required to sign in/up.

You could add a new user and then login to that account, add them as an affiliate and then log out, and they could change their passwords, if you wanted to do it in a manual way.

Besides full access to the Affiliates Plugin features in the Admin Panel, you can use any of the following shortcodes within your posts or pages to provide front-end access as well.

[affiliatelogincheck] – place this at the top of the page that you are planning on using the rest of the shortcodes on and it will display a login message if the user isn’t logged in.
    [affiliateuserdetails] – mirrors the affiliate details form from the admin area (yellow box)
    [affiliatestatstable] – mirrors the large click statistics table
    [affiliatevisitstable] – mirrors the referrers this month table
    [affiliatetopvisitstable] – mirrors the top referrers table
    [affiliatestatschart] – mirrors the main statistics charts
    [affiliatevisitschart] – mirrors the referrers charts
    [affiliatebanners] – displays the banners you add to your affiliate settings

If the user isn’t logged in then none of the shortcodes will output anything (except for the top one).

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.