How Does one get a Cart Only Coupon Code?

Since the recent MP updates, My online store is now giving away huge discounts, and losing all profitability.

How do I get the original Functionality back?

If I create a coupon for $50 off, I don't want it to take $50 off every item in the shopping cart. Especially not items that don't even cost $50.

I have never seen any shopping cart take and give the coupon per every item in the cart. While I can understand that may be beneficial for someone, it's definitely caused problems for my company, and I imagine others.

I don't see any way to change the Coupon, so it applies to cart Balance only. My options are: All Products, Product Catagory, and Product.

Please advise how to get functionality back ASAP.

P.S. If you are going to make a major change, that could effectively make it that your customers are PAYING their customers to 'buy' from them, It would be nice if you made it more Obvious.
The Change log wasn't clear enough to suggest this would be a problem.

P.P.S. Apparently there are some people in this world, who will involve a lawyer, when you tell them, you aren't giving them $100 of merchandise [for free], and paying them $300.00 because of a BUG in your software.