How does the affiliate plugin work with Multipress?

Hello,

I can't seem to find the documentation needed to answer my question, although I've spent the better part of hours searching and testing. I have a multisite install, and I have downloaded both the plugins, network activated, addon activated marketpress created a test user and logged in as the affiliate and I cannot find an affiliate ID/Link ANYWHERE.

I have read in the questions that the Marketpress affiliates are global in nature and not single site/store specific, but I am not sure how old that thread was. I am setting up digital products and I will also need to have different commission levels per affiliate and per product. I'm beginning to think this is an impossible task with the WPMU Affiliates plugin... if it is, could you please suggest an alternative method for tracking affiliate sales?

Thanks much...

• Stacy

So... I still cannot locate an affiliate id for my test user. I need to have this for my affiliate to send out emails with his/her link in them for tracking purposes. We include it in the swipe copy that we send out to them that way they just have to copy/paste it. The easier we can make the process for our affiliates, the better response we get to the mailings.

Secondly, it appears that I can only set the commission on a per store basis, and not per product. In other words, if it's set to 50% then all affiliates get 50% commission on all products.

Third, (clarification) the affiliate is only going to get a commission for the store they have an affiliate ID for, correct? I am predicting some overlap where one affiliate may send their link out to someone that then visits multiple stores on my network. Or is the link just a simple track back to the store/product itself? If I could find the link, I could test this myself...

Thanks for your prompt reply!

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Stacy,

Hope you're well today :slight_smile:

In this case, if the user has signed up as an affiliate, you can access the affiliates in affiliates > affiliates, they can set a custom URL for their affiliate referral if they wish.

You could sign up to test affiliates, via wp-admin > users > profile and become an affiliate :slight_smile:

Secondly, it appears that I can only set the commission on a per store basis, and not per product. In other words, if it's set to 50% then all affiliates get 50% commission on all products.

That's correct, though we are looking into a per product basis :slight_smile:

Third, (clarification) the affiliate is only going to get a commission for the store they have an affiliate ID for, correct? I am predicting some overlap where one affiliate may send their link out to someone that then visits multiple stores on my network. Or is the link just a simple track back to the store/product itself? If I could find the link, I could test this myself...

If MarketPress is network activated and Affiliates is network activated, they would get commission from all the stores on the network if that make sense?

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.