How does the Infinite SEO sitemaps work?

I have been developing this site for the past month so I turned off the search engine visibility and selected the noindex option in Infinite SEO for all the pages.

I still do not want Google to index many of the pages since they only contain a picture of my members business cards and no text yet.

I now want to re-launch the site and allow Google to index some of the pages I have finished.

What is the best way for me to proceed?

Your assistance would be most appreciated.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @HappyFoolz

I hope you are well today.

Currently you have most/all pages set to noindex and you aren't using the sitemap feature?

I would recommend that you still don't use the sitemap feature till all your pages are personally, as they could very well end up in Google from the sitemap.

What you would want to do, is allow just the pages you want to be indexed, Google normally indexes within 1-2 weeks, This would keep out the pages you still have set to noindex, but allow some to start getting through to Google, but as I said I really recommend you don't use sitemaps till your ready to go live with every page.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• HappyFoolz

Thanks Jack

I have been able to do what I wanted (I think) - the site map produced (Dashboard) contains what I want.

I can't seem to find the sitemap.xml or robots.txt on my web server (HostGator) - I presume they must be somewhere? Can you suggest where I can look?

Thanks again for your help.

P.S - I have to tell somebody... I put up a page on another one of my sites and... when I was doing research about who else was on the Google Search (Samsung Botswana)... The page I had put up was number 4 (12 minutes later) - Is this some kind of record? I wish I had kept a screen shot photo to prove it.

• aristath

Hello there @HappyFoolz,

I can't seem to find the sitemap.xml or robots.txt on my web server (HostGator) - I presume they must be somewhere? Can you suggest where I can look?

If you go to mysite.com/sitmap.xml do you get your sitemap?
    If you do, then I wouldn't keep looking for an actual file if I were you as I believe that it's dynamically generated and is a virtual file. Same thing goes for the robots.txt file.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.