How does the Membership plugin work?

Hello WPMU Dev Community, i am just using the Membership plugin on a website of mine and am having a bit of trouble understanding how it works.

Does a member register for a plan after they have already created an account or when they create there account, how does the registration process work?

I am using WordPress Multisite, BuddyPress and the Membership system setup on Dripped Content Subscriptions. I have already been through half the docs but just need some help.

Cheers,

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hi there!

When a user signs up for a membership they are registering to become a member of your site.

You set the terms of that membership via the Access Levels and Subscription Price. Beyond that they are also a "user" of your site. So you will see them listed in both the Members list and Users list.

They MUST purchase a subscription to be considered a member (even if it's a FREE one). If they use the default WP registration they will not be counted as part of the member list.

Please let me know if this helps, and what else I can help you with.

Best,

Kimberly

• SmartSite4u
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hello @Kimberly

Thanks for the reply.... :slight_smile:

So then if I am using a dripped content subscription and I have a subscription set as Serial for a year when that subscription ends does it ask the user to pay for the next year and block access to that level features until they pay?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.