how does the payment work?

Are people donating via this plugin actually being charged immediately or will they only be charged once a specific project they pledged for reached its funding 100% as i.e. Kickstarter does?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Ovidiu,

Greetings and thanks for posting this question !

Are people donating via this plugin actually being charged immediately or will they only be charged once a specific project they pledged for reached its funding 100%

That happens when you have got advanced crowdfunding activated, you may have noticed "Crowdfunding allows you to create fundraisers with Goals & Rewards. Payments for advanced crowdfunding are not processed until the goal has been reached."

Attaching the screenshot. Hope it helps.

Also, if you would like to see that live in action, I would suggest to get a Sandbox account and test it with that. I would show you how exactly it works :slight_smile:

Example,
    Test 1 : Create a sandbox account use that with simple payments option
    Test 2: Create a sandbox account and use that with advanced crowdfunding, but do not meet the goal, you would not be charged
    Test 3 : Create a sandbox account and use that with advanced crowdfunding, meet the goal and you will be charged.

I hope this helps, please feel free to post any other questions you may have !

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Heya Ovidiu,

Thanks for being so quick on this one :slight_smile:

Even I tend to miss the tips hidden behind that small blue 'i" at times and that is where lots of things are listed :slight_smile:, so no worries at all !

If you have any further issues, please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting your comments.
    This action will bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.