How does the translation files work .PO and .MO for fundraising

Hello there,

I got a big question I think, I would like to translate some sentences in dutch from the Fundraising plugin, but it doesn't work because I don't get the translation options.

I have done the following things:

1. Implement define ('WPLANG', 'nl_NL') in the WP-Config file.
2. Downloaded the localization plugin and install it.
3. I have selected fundraising and rescan.
4. Now I selected WDF and saw around 477 things I can translate, so I translate some words and sentences, and create a new .PO and .MO file who called: wdf-nl_NL.mo and wdf-nl_NL.po
5. This files are stored at the following location: www/wp-content/plugins/fundraising/languages both with 2 other .PO and .MO files called: wpmu-fundraising-default.mo and wpmu-fundraising-default.po
6. If I look at the website nothing is changed, so I don't get it.
7. I saw in the sourcecode of the plugin the following text, do I have to change this and what must I change?

define ('WDF_PLUGIN_SELF_DIRNAME', basename(dirname(__FILE__)), true);

//Setup proper paths/URLs and load text domains
if (is_multisite() && defined('WPMU_PLUGIN_URL') && defined('WPMU_PLUGIN_DIR') && file_exists(WPMU_PLUGIN_DIR . '/' . basename(__FILE__))) {
define ('WDF_PLUGIN_LOCATION', 'mu-plugins', true);
define ('WDF_PLUGIN_BASE_DIR', WPMU_PLUGIN_DIR, true);
define ('WDF_PLUGIN_URL', WPMU_PLUGIN_URL, true);
$textdomain_handler = 'load_muplugin_textdomain';
} else if (defined('WP_PLUGIN_URL') && defined('WP_PLUGIN_DIR') && file_exists(WP_PLUGIN_DIR . '/' . WDF_PLUGIN_SELF_DIRNAME . '/' . basename(__FILE__))) {
define ('WDF_PLUGIN_LOCATION', 'subfolder-plugins', true);
define ('WDF_PLUGIN_BASE_DIR', WP_PLUGIN_DIR . '/' . WDF_PLUGIN_SELF_DIRNAME, true);
define ('WDF_PLUGIN_URL', WP_PLUGIN_URL . '/' . WDF_PLUGIN_SELF_DIRNAME, true);
$textdomain_handler = 'load_plugin_textdomain';
} else if (defined('WP_PLUGIN_URL') && defined('WP_PLUGIN_DIR') && file_exists(WP_PLUGIN_DIR . '/' . basename(__FILE__))) {
define ('WDF_PLUGIN_LOCATION', 'plugins', true);
define ('WDF_PLUGIN_BASE_DIR', WP_PLUGIN_DIR, true);
define ('WDF_PLUGIN_URL', WP_PLUGIN_URL, true);
$textdomain_handler = 'load_plugin_textdomain';
} else {
// No textdomain is loaded because we can't determine the plugin location.
// No point in trying to add textdomain to string and/or localizing it.
wp_die(__('There was an issue determining where the Fundraising plugin is installed. Please reinstall.'));
}
$textdomain_handler('wdf', false, WDF_PLUGIN_SELF_DIRNAME . '/languages/');

Can someone pleas explain this to me, because I don't get it. I will appreciate this very very much!!!!

Or must I do something else? Because some people talks about the following thing I must implement:

class load_language
{
public function __construct()
{
add_action('init', array($this, 'load_my_transl'));
}

public function load_my_transl()
{
load_plugin_textdomain('wdf', FALSE, dirname(plugin_basename(__FILE__)).'/languages/');
}
}

$zzzz = new load_language;

I hope to hear from you soon!:slight_smile: The only thing I would like to do is to change the language of the plugin.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Danny