How does upfront calculate the min-height wrapper value?

When I add a widget control I run into a problem where upfront will specifically add a min-height value to the element like this:

.upfront #uwidget-object-1444705883807-1878 {
    width: 100%;
    min-height: 345px;
}

The problem I have is that this gets set too large sometimes. I think it may be to do with the fact that I have some additional info with "display: none" that appears on hover but looking at the sizes of the hidden content does not correspond to the min-height value.

If I try to specify something like:

.upfront #uwidget-object-1444705883807-1878 {

min-height: 100px !important;
}

It doesn't work as upfront overrides it when it renders the page. And on top of that, I need a way that works without having to specify the exact object ID so the style can be re-used as I am building a child theme.

I can manually set the height of the widget and the height property will override but then the layer won't resize when hovered over and doesn't look good.

I attached a screenshot of how it looks in editor and site. Everything is local right now so I can't share the code but I am hoping someone can give me some insight on how upfront determines the "min-height:" value so I can stop it making it too large.

Is there anyway to override the min-height value?